anemones oppions please!

loopy101

Hi all! first off i am new to this site and so far luv the fact that everyone here is willing to help eachother out! this is such a addicting hobby! just wish i had as much money as i do time!

anyway i have had my 55 gal tank set up now for around 6 plus months my water quality is very good all except my ph seemed to like to drop last week. i have around 20 pounds of live rock going tokeep adding more live rock everytrip i make to the city. and have a lawnmower blenny and fire golby and 2 damsels that i may be trading in soon.
but anyway in my slow process of building a reef tank i would love to get a anemone just wondering what people would suggest to be a good anemone to have in a reef tank? i have been doing alot of reading on them and from forems and after a while it just gets mind boggoling on all the different opions and thoughts on anemones. i have read its good to only keep 1 anemone in a tank due to the fact they could attact eachother and could attact corel as well . i do have a mushroom corel and 2 frag polyps of some kind and a Xenia cluster which i plan to frag once i read more about that process.

nycbob

if u hv the right lighting such as ho t5 or mh, then an anemone will work. the one that doesnt move much is the bubbletip and is fairly hardy. but remember, if conditions r right, it can triple in size in a year easy.

jawdubb

I tried a condy, it didn't like my tank so I gave it away, then I tried a BTA with same results. So I finally found this beautiful and stationary anemone I recommend called a rock/flower anemone. You can find some with brilliant colors as well. I have 3 in my 55 gallon tank and all 3 do very well. I have had all 3 for around 6 months now. I am hoping to one day aquire a red/orange rock anemone to finish off our herd.

scopus tang

Originally Posted by jawdubb
http:///forum/post/2623778
I tried a condy, it didn't like my tank so I gave it away, then I tried a BTA with same results. So I finally found this beautiful and stationary anemone I recommend called a rock/flower anemone. You can find some with brilliant colors as well. I have 3 in my 55 gallon tank and all 3 do very well. I have had all 3 for around 6 months now. I am hoping to one day aquire a red/orange rock anemone to finish off our herd.
Got some pictures? I'd love to see what you got. On a side note loopy101, be aware that while these anemonies are pretty stationary, and don't seem to have the real high light requirements that most other anemones do, they are a non-hosting anemone. Meaning that clowns or other fish and/or shrimp do not bond with them. jawdubb is right however, they are a beautiful all by themselves. I've read that in Florida they occur in pure strands of mixed colors in very shallow water would love to see pictures of that as well.