Anenome hid under rocks?

sw65galma

I waited a few days to see if it would come back out into the light...
No Dice...then I noticed it start to bleach.
So i had to rip apart 60lbs of lr in a 46 gal tank to get it it :mad: :mad:
you'd think it's smart enough to move back into the light...I left the lights on 3 days straight...

rickd

im still fighting the same thing but the rock he on is easy just to turn over and hes on top again.

sw65galma

Originally Posted by RickD
im still fighting the same thing but the rock he on is easy just to turn over and hes on top again.
Are these guys suicidal or what

rickd

Originally Posted by sw65galma
Are these guys suicidal or what

I'm not sure yet if I like him or not he's really been a pain in the Butt for the 2 weeks that ive had him

snailheave

they do that. mine did a funny thing. it sat itself on the edge of a rock and each side of the anemone tried to escape the light going the opposite direction. it ended up splitting that way.

sw65galma

Originally Posted by RickD
I'm not sure yet if I like him or not he's really been a pain in the Butt for the 2 weeks that ive had him
You're telling me...Mine would be minced fish food by now if it wasn't for the fact that it ate my $30 cleaner shrimp and about 5 pepermint shrimp...
So i figure I spent $50 on it and it ate another $70 in shrimp, so it's now like the $120 anenome, so i can't get rid of it :mad: :mad: :mad:

rickd

Originally Posted by sw65galma
You're telling me...Mine would be minced fish food by now if it wasn't for the fact that it ate my $30 cleaner shrimp and about 5 pepermint shrimp...
So i figure I spent $50 on it and it ate another $70 in shrimp, so it's now like the $120 anenome, so i can't get rid of it :mad: :mad: :mad:
I wish mine would eat maybe ill put some Pepermint shrimp in for it. LOL

us~^>shark

My green carpet has done the same thing. I keep trying to feed it, but can't really get the pieces of shrimp close enough for him to get it. Plus he moves so slow! The other tank critters keep stealing it.
My LTA is doing great though in the front of the tank. Eating very well.
I'm really getting concerned about the other though.....

dmitry

My BTA started moving at one point, but all he did was walk around the rock he's on and end up right back where he started from! And whenever a peppermint shrimp climbs on top of him...he closes up!! What a wimp!

tthemadd1

What type of lighting do you have?
I am not sure about leaving the light on for more than 8 hours a day. He might be getting a sun burn....
Also what type of anenomes are you talking about?
Themadd1

sw65galma

Originally Posted by tthemadd1
What type of lighting do you have?
I am not sure about leaving the light on for more than 8 hours a day. He might be getting a sun burn....
Also what type of anenomes are you talking about?
Themadd1
Long tentical anenome, under PC's I dont think it's too much...if anything it's borderline not enough.
heres a pic of it out.