anenome pics.

nm reef

Here is a pic of my tomato clown and his BTA...sadly the BTA is long gone...he lost a battle with the intake of a powerhead several months ago.:(

nm reef

...and here is the cony anenome that has been a resident of my fish only system for over 2 years now...

plum70rt

ok check out these 2 sabae anemones, they are at least 24 inches in diameter, I now call them KING KONG and GODZILLA,
because in their path was alot of drustruction of some nice frags and corals I moved some but they did not survive, I like em though interesting critters that makea diverse reef, I feel the same about sea urchins

krishj39

Here is my blue carpet. I don't have it any more, gave it back to the LFS, but it was well over 24 inches across. I paid 30$ for this anenome when I got it, around 21 inches then. :)

krishj39

Here is a whole 90g tank shot with my carpet, not fully extended. I added about 75lbs of LR and rearranged my tank. It just couldn't find a place it was happy after that, so I had to give it back. Anyway, you can see it was a bigun. I miss it terribly.

krishj39

Here is a Sabea I've had for about 3 months now. As near as I can figure, it is about 16 inches when expanded. This anenome is extremely healthy, and, while not by me, has been kept in captivity for several years. Again, I paid 30$ for this, and the 10lb LR it was stuck on. :) When I came home from work today, my false percs were hosting in him, which I'm excited about. I'll be posting a new thread with pictures once I can take some.

krishj39

:D the carpet was a mistaken price at the LFS, which I told them about but they gave for that price anyway. When I sold it back, they resold it for $150, still less than it was worth, IMO. I actually got $50 for it, so I made $20 for having it in my tank for 6 months. The sabae was purchased from a cash-needing friend looking to thin out his over-stocked reef tank.