Anenome Question?

martinc909

I Just Bought A Cinnomon Clownfish. Do They Need Anenome's To Survive. If They Do Can An Anenome Survive With A 40w Power Glo. What Do They Eat? At The Lfs They Didn't Have Any Brine Shrimp So What Else Can I Give Them? I Have Spirulina For My Damsels Will He It That.

bozfamily

how big is your tank? generaly with anemones and most coarals you want about 3 watts per gallon of water less than that and they wont do to good. as far as feeding them mine eats pellets that fall on it and watever is floating around in the water that and the clown will actualy bring food to it. And yes your clown can live with out an anemone I would ust set up a good place for him to hide. hope this will help a little.
goodluck

froznfinn

THIS APPEARS TO BE THE ONGOING QUESTION ..THAT IS "ARE THERE ANENOMES THAT
DO NOT REQUIRE 3 WATTS PER GAL OR CAN THEY SURVIVE WITH MARINE-GLO AND OR POWER-GLO ?".I KNOW I'VE HAD AN ANENOME FOR 6 MONTHS WITH <2 WATTS PER GAL
AND DID FINE..IT WANDERED AROUND THE TANK AND USUALLY ENDED UP AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TANK..AND WAS HOSTED BY MY TOMATOE CLOWN..i BELIEVE IT WAS
AND ATLANTIC PINK-TIP..NOW I HAVE UPGRADED TO THE REQUIRED 3 WATTS PER GAL
AND IT HIDING UNDER ROCK AND 1/2 THE SIZE..WATER PARAMETERS ARE GOOD..I'M NOT SURE WHAT TO BELIEVE EXCEPT I'M SURE THIS CERTAINLY APPLIES TO PACIFIC TYPE ANENOMES..ANYONE WITH SOME CLARIFICATION..INSTEAD OF THE DIDACTIC
NECESSITY TO HAVE 3 WATT/GAL FOR ALL ANENOMES?

unleashed

Originally Posted by martinc909
I Just Bought A Cinnomon Clownfish. Do They Need Anenome's To Survive. If They Do Can An Anenome Survive With A 40w Power Glo. What Do They Eat? At The Lfs They Didn't Have Any Brine Shrimp So What Else Can I Give Them? I Have Spirulina For My Damsels Will He It That.
to answer you question .No they do not need an anenome to survive.it will do just fine without one.as for food clown are omnivores ,they need meaty foods and some veggies. you can buy flaked or frozen foods .I prefer for flaked veggie flakes by Omega one.and thera+A pellets by spectrum.for frozen emerald entrese.its a mix of algae and mysis shrimp in a frozen cube.brine shrimp has little to no nutritional value to sw fish. but they do make other types of frosen nad flaked foods above names are just type i prefer for my fish and have had good luck with feeding.