anenome question

becka

I added a new anennome 2 days ago to my 75 g. I have had it set up for 2 years so it is very well established. I have a yel tang, clownfish, 3 damsels, 3 shrimp and some cleaners. I have no ammonia, nitrates and nitrites are within range and my pH is 8.2. I have a actinic light as well as a the light that came with the tank - but I have swiched bulbs (i think 20w) It is my first anenome and the fish store assured me he would be OK. Well I haven't seen him all day - he is hiding and hasn't emerged. What do I need to do???? I don't want to loose him
TIA
becka

jmick

Unless it's a tube anenome you do not have close to enough lighting. Research before you buy, the store is there to make money! I'd suggest taking it back or buying VHO, T5 or MH lighting.

canisee2

Originally Posted by becka
I added a new anennome 2 days ago to my 75 g. I have had it set up for 2 years so it is very well established. I have a yel tang, clownfish, 3 damsels, 3 shrimp and some cleaners. I have no ammonia, nitrates and nitrites are within range and my pH is 8.2. I have a actinic light as well as a the light that came with the tank - but I have swiched bulbs (i think 20w) It is my first anenome and the fish store assured me he would be OK. Well I haven't seen him all day - he is hiding and hasn't emerged. What do I need to do???? I don't want to loose him
TIA
becka
Ok i would never listen to that lfs again they told you wrong defianlty 20 watts on a 75 gallon tank is not good i would at least recommend 6 watts per gallon so you need new lighting i would suggest Metal hailades or t-5s are also good
just my 2 cents
Hope this helps,
Austin

saltfan

Anenomies usually find a spot in the tank that they like. Doesn't matter to them you can't see them, they will go wherever they want to. he may come out, he may not.