anenomies

shobby

I have some things that look like sea anenomies, they just started growing one day and now they are everywhere. What are they an should I get rid of themand if yes, how?
Shelley

lexluethar

Got any pics? I would assume they are probably Aspia (Glass) anemones. You can get rid of them by purchasing a peppermint shrimp (which is what i would recommend) or by using some injection like Joes Juice.

rcoultas

if you can post a pic that would be a big help. Do a search for "aptasia", if that's what you have they are a pest. There are numerous threads you'll find with details on how to get rid of them. If that is not what you have then give us a good description or post pics.

jesshika

If they are brown/clear looking little anemones then they are aiptasia and really hard to get rid of if they get out of control. I just had to boil all my live rock in freshwater to get rid of the things and now the rock is curing again cause peppermint shrimp won't eat them once they get too big.

sepulatian

Check out the Archives or in Lion_Crazz's "helpfull links" In New hobbiests. Look for the hitchiker thread. A pic would be very helpful. If you can't get a pic then be as descriptive as you possibly can about these things that you are seeing.