Angelfish Conclusion

arasa

Sorry I know I started so many treads on angelfish but just doing research before I settle on something.
I came down to four angels, and was wondering if you guys can help me decide:
Flame Angel - like it, but concerned about sensitivity
Majestic Angel- again worried about sensitivity
Black velvet - sounds good
Flagfin - survival rate in captivity

redman1221

Originally Posted by arasa
http:///forum/post/2637821
Sorry I know I started so many treads on angelfish but just doing research before I settle on something.
I came down to four angels, and was wondering if you guys can help me decide:
Flame Angel - like it, but concerned about sensitivity
Majestic Angel- again worried about sensitivity
Black velvet - sounds good
Flagfin - survival rate in captivity
I would definitely pick the Majestic Angel but that's just me.

bgbdwlf2500

i havent had any luck with the flames. i dont know anything about the others... IME any fish that hasnt been at the store for at least a month will die on me in about 2 weeks...i lost 2 flames and lost 2 coral beauties...went to the store and they had a coral that had been there for at least 2 months and knock on wood its been fine for a long time...

srgvigil

Funny thing is that I got my flame angel only after my tank being set up for like 2 months. That was four months ago. My flame angel is still alive and is happy and is doing wonderful, also he is also a pretty docile. I got a very good luck of the draw with him.

bgbdwlf2500

Originally Posted by SrgVigil
http:///forum/post/2638193
Funny thing is that I got my flame angel only after my tank being set up for like 2 months. That was four months ago. My flame angel is still alive and is happy and is doing wonderful, also he is also a pretty docile. I got a very good luck of the draw with him.
yeah im starting to think its the luck of the draw as well...fish species dont seem to be anymore hardy than others, its the specific specimen....it will make it or it wont and you find out quick...

kjr_trig

You can't go wrong is the good news...I voted for the Black Velvet. Flame Angels are fantastic, I can't think of another fish outside of the $3000 Clarion Angel with such vibrant colors. I love the Black Velvet for their outgoing personality though, Flames will typically dart in and out, around and about, where as the BV is always out, always looking for their owner and has beautiful color as well.
Again, you can't go wrong.
Here is my BV

Originally Posted by SrgVigil
http:///forum/post/2638193
i have had a similar experience with my flame angel. hes doing fine with a lunare wrasse and a scopas tang (both about the same size) and he seems able to hold up his own and hasnt seemed to be stressed out or anything. in my opinion, one of the best aquarium species.

saka bra

deffinatly the majestic, as long as you hage good flow rate. enogh live rock for biologic filtration, and enogh skimming, second would be da velvet angel looks really nice too