angels get along?

segsig

I noticed on this site an alert on most (all ?) angels that 2 different types of angels will not get along. I have a coral beauty and was wondering if this was the case with all angels or just the ones I looked at, as I would like to add another type in my 55g reef tank.
thanks

Chasmodes

Years ago I had a small blue angel that grew to a medium size before I had to trade him (so he wouldn't outgrow my tank) and he lived side by side with a flame, potter and heraldi without any problems. The dwarf angels would occasionally square off and trade wacks at each other with their opercula but never did damage. All of the avoided the blue but never had a problem from the blue to them. My advice is that if your LFS is cool about trading stuff back is to try a combination for awhile and see how they do. By the way, the blue was my first angel added to that tank, later the dwarfs were added one at a time. None were picked on while new. Maybe I was lucky...LOL. Eventually I sold all of my dwarves because I needed the money. After that I became blenny and pseudochromis oriented and only had one angel, a lemonpeel that lived for years. The only angel that I ever had trouble with was a Rock Beauty, not behavior, but it would never eat anything that I tried to feed it. I wound up giving it to a buddy of mine who tried in vain to raise it.

Chasmodes

Also, one more thing that I do remember most about the combination was that it always seemed that they had a pecking order. The blue dominated the feeding area. The potter was more secretive and meticulous in it's feeding and movements, and the flame was my psycho-angel, always on the go. He booked around the aquarium in and out the holes in the rock, always moving and looking for a morsel, much quicker than the other angels. My blue had a cleaning relationship with the heraldi, pretty cool, and the heraldi did some cleaning on the blue. I enjoyed that combination.