angels with cleaner shrimp?

blackwater01

I have a 55 gal. I have an orangeshoulder tang(4 in.) and only a cleaner shrimp. can i put any angels in with my shrimp? and what kind? I am just looking for another beautiful fish that will get along with what i have.

nicetry

Generally speaking there are no compatability issues with angels and shrimp. I would suggest one of the dwarf varieties however. A coral beauty, flame, eibli, or similar hardy species will work. The other families will be too large for your system (as will your tang in a few months).

blackwater01

Originally Posted by nicetry
Generally speaking there are no compatability issues with angels and shrimp. I would suggest one of the dwarf varieties however. A coral beauty, flame, eibli, or similar hardy species will work. The other families will be too large for your system (as will your tang in a few months).
thank you for the reply the pet store told me that cleaner shrimps are considered sessile inverts. so i wasnt sure

N

nereef

sessile animals are those which aren't capable of locomotion. so a shrimp is not sessile. it is what we call motile.
i agree with nicetry

sepulatian

If your LFS called a shrimp "sessile" then I wouldn't trust too much of what they say. Go with pygmy or dwarf angels. Pick one. They don't get along well. One angel will be your "show piece". Your tang won't be happy for long in a 55. You may want to return him soon before you get too attached. He will be alright for awhile if the tank doesn't have many fish, but tangs get stressed in small tanks. They are open water swimmers. This fish reaches over 13". Your tank is 12" from back to front. Way too small for this fish. Yellow tangs that reach all of 7" start declining in health in a 75. These fish need room to move. They come from the open sea. A 6 foot or better tank is recomended. For the orange shoulder a 180 is recommended.