another fish?

I have a 30 gallon down stairs with a piccaso trigger and a pork puffer. All day the puffer hides and one time I came down and he was a big round ball. The only thing I can get him to eat is freeze dried krill. He tried to get something the other day and the trigger tried to get it out of his mouth and bit the puffers lips. So, I think the puffer might be afraid. Should I get another trigger to occupy the piccaso or take the puffer out and put him in my hundred gallon. The hundred gallon is packed with live rock.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
The puffer is obviously VERY stressed...evidenced by the "puffed" condition you found him in. You should remove him immediately to a safer tank for him. This puffing activity is not healthy for puffers. Its a sign that the fish is stressed, and the act of puffing is also stressful for the puffer. Also, this fish is poisonous, thus, if he is being picked on by others, they, too are in jeapordy of being posioned. Get him out of hostle territory ASAP.
[This message has been edited by beth (edited 03-17-2000).]

Thank you for the advice. Before I do this just to let you know the 100 gallon upstairs along with 200 pounds of live rock there is also a sohal tang (who harasses everyone at feeding time) and about 10 other fish. Will the puffer get there and hide in the rocks, will he be freaked out with the different location?
Originally posted by beth:
The puffer is obviously VERY stressed...evidenced by the "puffed" condition you found him in. You should remove him immediately to a safer tank for him. This puffing activity is not healthy for puffers. Its a sign that the fish is stressed, and the act of puffing is also stressful for the puffer. Also, this fish is poisonous, thus, if he is being picked on by others, they, too are in jeapordy of being posioned. Get him out of hostle territory ASAP.
[This message has been edited by beth (edited 03-17-2000).]

the rock

the rock says...
the picasso has been known to do that type of stuff and probably is harassing the puffer all day long, that is a major problem if the porc is puffing, it should not be doing that, remove it to a more peaceful place