Another Goby Question

junco

I am looking for advice on a really hardy Goby. One which will keep the substrate super clean. I have had 2 Diamonds so far and both had died. It is the only fish soI have had no luck with. My parameters are fine in the tank. What are some thoughts?

aquaguy24

how old is the tank and how many gallons..diamond gobys need at least a medium sized tank that is mature...as they are shifting the sand they are lookn for little critters to eat...well anyhow maybe an engineer goby..but i never had one so im not sure how they will do..

L

lsu

I have a brown barred sleeper goby that has survived 3 tank moves and a crash that killed everything else in a minutes. He seems to be bulletproof. If you were near Baton Rouge you could have him, he was in a FOWLR but it soon became a reef and he seems to enjoy covering my coral in sand. I personally do not like engineer gobies due to their tunnel networks which can undermine LR and they get quite large.

jeanheckle

Originally Posted by Junco
http:///forum/post/2736554
I am looking for advice on a really hardy Goby. One which will keep the substrate super clean. I have had 2 Diamonds so far and both had died. It is the only fish soI have had no luck with. My parameters are fine in the tank. What are some thoughts?
I had the same problem with diamond gobies, went through 3. I now have a byno goby that is awesome. He keeps the bottom spotless and has tons of personality. He is always in view and interacts well with my other fish.

junco

Originally Posted by aquaguy24
http:///forum/post/2736619
how old is the tank and how many gallons..diamond gobys need at least a medium sized tank that is mature...as they are shifting the sand they are lookn for little critters to eat...well anyhow maybe an engineer goby..but i never had one so im not sure how they will do..
The tank is well established and has been stocked for over 6 months. It is a 150 gal. tank. All that I have in it is flourishing. Just zero luck w/ the Diamond's. I'll check out the Brown Barred and the Byno. Thanks for the advise.