another quick question...or not

redarizona

:confused: ok, this is really is going to be a strange scenerio...I thought that a fly had gotten behind my tank and layed legs which looked like magets all over my ecosystem walls...well I tore it apart, and cleaned it out...needless to say these same things appeared again in the bottom of the ecosystem...nothing in my tank or where I have my macro algae and miracle mud..but on either side of where the water is siphoned out, and two or three where the water is returned to the display tank...what are these and are they harmful...they looked like magets, then got bigger and puffier with little hair follicles coming out the end...:notsure:

thedraven

Yea, Im having the same thing in my tank... they dont quite look like pictures of pods Ive seen. They literally look like tiny magots (clear glass worms on the glass). I doubt that a fly would be able to lay eggs in our tanks though... Ive never seen a fly in my house, and I doubt magots would be able to survive underwater. Im almost convinced that mine are tiny worm larvae (I have some worms in my live sand). Hopefully someone will be able to answer this... for more of a description, check out my last topic posted. Just a note, my worms/bugs do not have tiny hairs yet... nor have they gotten puffy.

redarizona

:confused: Thanks...I'll try to get a picture...I don't think there harmful though...I haven't seen them in my main tank...