another recipe from Pontius' portfolio: Mini Mexi Meatloaf

pontius

I forgot to tell you all about this one. I made it last week (did I mention how great a husband I am?) so I don't have pictures. but it was DELICIOUS. and it's simple to make......
mix:
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 egg
1/2 cup of crushed Saltine crackers (or bread crumbs)
1 cup of shredded Mexican Four Cheese
1/2 cup of salsa
then, get one of those cupcakes baker things that have the spaces in it for 12 cupcakes
fill each cupcake space with the mixture and press down the middle so that it makes a little cup.
bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes.
then, fill each "meat cup" with more salsa or ketchup and cover each one with more shredded cheese.
then, bake for 4 more minutes.
This was VERY good. oddly enough, it tasted like the stuffed Bell Peppers except without rice or bell peppers. if you were going to make bell peppers, this would be something good to fill them with.
Love, Pontius

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by Pontius
http:///forum/post/3116433
This was VERY good. oddly enough, it tasted like the stuffed Bell Peppers except without rice or bell peppers. if you were going to make bell peppers, this would be something good to fill them with.
Love, Pontius
You're a yankee aren't you?? That whole meatloaf recipe is almost exactly like mine, except that I add lots of garlic salt, and the stuffed peppers thing... You gotta be a yankee.
Your profile SAYS SC, but there's no way...

pontius

Originally Posted by Tizzo
http:///forum/post/3116449
You're a yankee aren't you?? That whole meatloaf recipe is almost exactly like mine, except that I add lots of garlic salt, and the stuffed peppers thing... You gotta be a yankee.
Your profile SAYS SC, but there's no way...

nope, I'm from SC my whole life. but it's good.
speaking of being southern, do you call it "chicken bog" or "chicken perlot"? that jambalaya recipe I had would basically be the same thing as chicken bog if you took out the shrimp, some of the hot stuff, and replaced spicy sausage with mild sausage. mmm, good stuff.

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by Pontius
http:///forum/post/3116455
nope, I'm from SC my whole life. but it's good.
speaking of being southern, do you call it "chicken bog" or "chicken perlot"? that jambalaya recipe I had would basically be the same thing as chicken bog if you took out the shrimp, some of the hot stuff, and replaced spicy sausage with mild sausage. mmm, good stuff.

Never heard of either of those...
But the stuffed bell peppers you described, we call pigs in the blanket, or you can use cabbage instead of the peppers.
And the meatloaf, well as I said, it's the same as the north. The south, IME has been pretty popular with meat, and ketsup!
I will try your mini loafs though! It sounds (or reads) good! lol

teresaq

Ohhhhh Pigs in a blanket. Yummmmmm Do you use sauerkraut and tomatos
I'm from michigan and hubby is from mississippi. I dont get good northern food much. He dosent like it.
I have learned to make southern bisquits though.
What I wouldnt give for a good pasty
T

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by TeresaQ
http:///forum/post/3116743
Ohhhhh Pigs in a blanket. Yummmmmm Do you use sauerkraut and tomatos
I'm from michigan and hubby is from mississippi. I dont get good northern food much. He dosent like it.
I have learned to make southern bisquits though.
What I wouldnt give for a good pasty
T
For me it's the meat and rice combo wrapped in softened cabbage and lots of cambells veggie soup added, to a roasting pan.
But speaking of the pastries, I went to a place in St pete and thought oh my gosh, Yankees owned this place! So many pastries! Goulash, cream horns, gnacci, so much stuff! But after ordering one or 2, I was sadly disappointed to realize they simply took sugar cookie batter and formed it into 100 different varieties. I felt lied to!
But my mom sends down the whole shabang around the holidays. Pitzells, clothespin, those Hershey kiss cookies, buckeyes, oh my goodness!
Ill invite you up for Christmas!

teresaq

for our P I B we take cabbage - soften it, wrap around meat and rice mixture--place in a baking dish, cover with crout and canned tomatos
As for pastys, they are a upper pen thing. Meat and veggie filled pastery.