another water Q?

madmax50

Is there anything wrong with using water from a dehumidifier? It would have to be better than tap.No chems.or other additives.

chamic1

There may be, depending on where the dehumidifier is located. If it is in a room where the air is exposed to pollutants like cigarette smoke, then NO. Anything in the air will attatch to the tiny water droplets. These droplets then collect on the cold coils of the dehumidifier and drop into a collection bin. I would not recommend using it because you never really know whats in the water.

madmax50

Thanks for the reply.I don't know what the coils are made of. but it has to be some kind of medal.I didn' think of that.

snipe

A dehumidifier is to take water out of the air not polutants out of the water in the air. So what your getting is dirty water and it is nasty I wouldnt do it would probly crash a tank really fast.

miel

So many say NO!
But the ? is, has anyone out there had any experience trying it in your aquarium ( good or bad)? Pleases share your experiences.

Originally Posted by miel
So many say NO! But the ? is, has anyone out there had any experience trying it in your aquarium ( good or bad)? Pleases share your experiences.

Originally Posted by miel

Your personal experience using dehumidifier water in an aquarium, Please....
There prolly is not one person with "personal exerience" using this water due to the fact that it is not a good idea. Think about it, think about the machine and how it works.
chamic1 said:
If it is in a room where the air is exposed to pollutants like cigarette smoke, then NO. Anything in the air will attatch to the tiny water droplets. These droplets then collect on the cold coils of the dehumidifier and drop into a collection bin. I would not recommend using it because you never really know whats in the water.[/qoute]
Do YOU want that in your tank????? Would YOU even want to drink it?????
Tell ya what, You try it, and let us know YOUR personal experience.....

mudplayerx

Save your empty gallon jugs from your distilled water and you can refill them at walmarts that have the ro machines for 33 cents a gallon.