another "what is it?"

i just put a single piece of live rock in my tank that is about 8 lbs. i pu --- in last night and tonight i saw a small snail. .. now this snail is very small and white; with a spirl shell. i knwo that fresh water spirl snail are poisonious to fish and the fish don't eat them, but is this one i have to worry about, unfortunatly i do not have a working digital camera so i can not show a pic. do i need to take it out it really is only like a milimeter in size.
thanks

cope787

i discovered about 3 or 4 of them in my tank a few weeks ago and my tank has been up for about 8 months. either my astria snails got it on or they came with the rock. anyways, i wish i could tell you if they were harmless. i hope so!

michaeltx

theres really no way to identify the numerpous types of snails that can hitch into the tanks. some people can give you an idea but really need a good picture of it to do so . descriptions of snails are very very hard to interpret and each one sounds so simliar to the next that its an almost impossible task.
sorry
Mike

thanks for the info. i actually saw 2 more snails last night, and they are both the same looking. these are a bit larger, and had an oblong shell; and i have only seen them that one time, i walked back a few hours later and could not find them. and i have not yet seen them again tonight. so i don't know where they went. oh well i am sure that they will surface againsoon.