Antennata Lionfish Pics...

tx reef

After almost a week of having this fish I finally got a couple of shots that are worthy of posting. He hid in the rocks the first 3 days and then came out, but was a little camera shy. He is now fully acclimated and I will be starting the process of trying to get him on frozen food (just fed him a couple of gut loaded shrimp..feeding stick should be here tomorrow) later this week.
I will have some more pics of the Antennata soon, along with some shots of the other inhabitants of the 55 gallon reef.
Enjoy!

sharkboy13

ooooh i hate u, tho, after the few antennatas ive kept he looks diff, doesnt have the long orange strings comin off the fins

mx#28

Those are some great photos, but I don’t think it’s an antennata – looks more like the Zebra Dwarf Lionfish (Dendrochirus zebra) to me. Still looks awesome, though!

tx reef

Originally Posted by MX#28
Those are some great photos, but I don’t think it’s an antennata – looks more like the Zebra Dwarf Lionfish (Dendrochirus zebra) to me. Still looks awesome, though!

I ordered an Antennata Lionfish from that famous depot site and when I got it I thought the same thing. He has spots on the front of his fins, though.

If this turns out to be a Zebra....I am going to give the depot site a piece of mind.....

tx reef

It's definately a Zebra...I am getting on the phone as soon as I can...I have a few choice words for this place.......

superh

Originally Posted by TX Reef
It's definately a Zebra...I am getting on the phone as soon as I can...I have a few choice words for this place.......
yeah that's definitely a Zebra, I used to have one...I would save the choice words and try to be civil about it...we all make mistakes and they'll be more likely to help you if you're reasonable with them

tx reef

I just got off of the phone with them and they are putting a credit on my check card for $10.95 (difference in price between Zebra & Antennata).
They offered to send me the correct fish but I do not want to stress the Zebra any more that it already has been by sending back less than a week after I got it.
You would think a reputable fish dealer would know what they are sending you....
Of course, I should have noticed the difference right away instead of almost a week later...

mx#28

Of course, I should have noticed the difference right away instead of almost a week later...

Those two fish have very similar body shapes and are easily and often confused.
I know it’s frustrating when you’re trying to order a very specific fish and you place all your trust in a company that then only sends a close replacement. I recently had this happen at an LFS with an antennata being mistaken for a radiata lion.
Sorry it’s not an antennata, but that zebra dwarf still has very nice colors and looks great!

saltn00b

I just got off of the phone with them and they are putting a credit on my check card for $10.95 (difference in price between Zebra & Antennata).
They offered to send me the correct fish but I do not want to stress the Zebra any more that it already has been by sending back less than a week after I got it.
You would think a reputable fish dealer would know what they are sending you....

wow that is weak dude, i would get back on the phone with them because i have dealt with some other online companies that have messed up some big orders due to stocker differences, but whatever the cause they said i can keep the 250+ dollar fish they sent by incorrectly, and CREDIT me so that i can buy what i wanted next time.

d0 thy d3w

sorry u didnt get the right fish..but this guy is still really cool looking!! my tank isnt big enuff for a lion..but they are one of my favs!