Anthias

jay0705

Who has experience with these? Iam considering getting some. I've stayed away for awhile because I've heard they can be tough to keep. Thoughts?

lmforbis

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t have any but also have been considering them for a long time. I think the big issue is food and swimming space. They need to be fed several times a day. I recently bought an Apex Controller so I can monitor my tank while I’m in the Philippines in March. Last time I went on a dive trip and left my husband in charge we had a power outage which killed my return pump. Not my husband’s fault but it would be nice if I could turn things off from anyplace in the world instead of working by text and photos. I also bought the apex auto feeder which works amazingly. I can set the feeding times from my iPad. Because of that feeder, I am seriously considering giving anthea a shot next time I see a nice trio on DD.

jay0705

I don’t have any but also have been considering them for a long time. I think the big issue is food and swimming space. They need to be fed several times a day. I recently bought an Apex Controller so I can monitor my tank while I’m in the Philippines in March. Last time I went on a dive trip and left my husband in charge we had a power outage which killed my return pump. Not my husband’s fault but it would be nice if I could turn things off from anyplace in the world instead of working by text and photos. I also bought the apex auto feeder which works amazingly. I can set the feeding times from my iPad. Because of that feeder, I am seriously considering giving anthea a shot next time I see a nice trio on DD.
I was waiting for you to reply. I thought you had some. That seems to be the big issue with them is multiple feedings. I do keep macro in my display for pods. I have pods in my filtration aswell. Idk if its enough of a population to substitute in between feedings tho.

lmforbis

Administrator
Staff member
Not yet. I keep waffling. Im ready to do it if the right fish show up.

Probably not enough food since pods are so small.

lmforbis

Administrator
Staff member
They are the less expensive ones and I think they are hardier than some of the others.

2quills

I've tried a couple of sets of them without much luck. They seem to like to attack each other like damsels until there's only one left after a couple of months. But they are beautiful and those colors really pop in a tank. Lyretails are my favorites.