Any Altima owners out there?

ryanhayes9

I am looking into purchasing a new car and the Nissan Altima has really caught my eye. I like the "sportish" look it has while still handling and feeling like a luxury car. I am looking at the 2006 or later models and would prefer the 3.5 to the 2.5. Basically I am wondering if there are any owners of Altima's on here that have any thoughts on there car.
Much appreciated

mgatdog

My wife has 2005 it's a 2.5 with 93000 miles on it . Can't say any thing bad about it. The company she works for leased some for there fleet and they had to replace some engines cause of a oil issue.Far as that her co-workers like them.

aquaknight

My old roommate has a 2008 2.5 sedan, and his roommate has an 2009 3.5 coupe. Nissan will never win awards for materials quality, especially if you're looking at the 3rd gen, but the latest model (2007+) is pretty good. I noted that the backseats are useless with anyone over 6' in the front, and the coupe has little headroom altogether. I can't exactly say the 3.5 feels like it had 100hp more then the 2.5 though. The 2.5 is good for a 4 cylinder. His 3.5 coupe is a touch slower then my STS down low, then I walk pretty good at higher speeds.
That said, they actually sort of have that 'feel' a car should. Not like the lifeless refrigerators that are Camrys/Accords.

ryanhayes9

Thats good to know. I am in the price range of 12-14k and am hoping to find a 2007 or later. the 3.5 would be nice, but I would definitly settle for the 2.5. Much appreciated

aquaknight

Ah, I was hoping you'd slip up and give a price range
I do have three other suggestions.
Infiniti G35 2/4 door. There are more then a few 2006/5's in that budget range. You gain a lot of performance, esp. being a proper RWD car, and still in the Nissan 'family.' The ******** isn't the highest quality I've seen. The fake metal feels especially cheap.
Cadillac CTS. Plently of 2006's in that price range. Opinionated car, esp. at the moment, but should be the easiest to find with low price/mileage/etc. ******** isn't a world-beater, polarizing as well, but decent and higher quality materials. Lots of car for the money. Proper RWD as well. Look for one with the 3.6L V6.
Volkswagen Passat, preferably with the 3.6L V6 over the rougher 2.0T. It's not quite as peppy as a 3.5 Altima, but gain a lot in other areas. It's ******** is down right gorgeous, very high class, second only to premium German brands, safety is well known, and a bit more room in all areas. Available 4Motion all-wheel-drive as well. A 3.6 model makes a good drivers car too. Tons of options as well.

aw2x3

The newer Altima Coupes are dead sexy.
I used to sell Nissan and can't say anything bad aboout them, honestly.
Nissan are great cars...much better than Chevy or Ford...and the new body styles can't be beat.

ryanhayes9

Yeah I agree Aw2x3, they are very nice looking.
I have looked into the g35 and can honestly say that the ones around 15k have about 90000 miles on them. If possible, I would like to find something with a bit less mileage.