Any experience with clown triggers?

kb

I have a 150 gallon tank with yellow,naso,& hippo tang,parrotfish,lunare wrasse,flame angel,royal gramma,and 4 clownfish. What I really want is a clown trigger. I've heard if you get one small and it grows up with the other fish that it won't be mean. Does anyone have any experience with this fish either when it was young or old and being put in with other fish like I have?

fishgirl

i havn't had a clown trigger, but i've had other triggers, and i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be mean, but only the flame angel, and possibly the clowns are in any threat at all -- the tangs will keep him in check. good luck.

hasq

Clowns are pretty aggressive, but not as much as an undulated. What about a Niger? They seem to be be one of the most peaceful, trigger, if there is any such thing as a peaceful trigger.

veskas

It can happen by accident with a clown trigger. I read one day he snatched food from another's mouth & bit thru it's lips. That got the taste going & he killed 2-3 fish in the next week. Keep away from clowns, queens, & def. undulated. Try Niger (I have 2 in a FO), or Assasi, or even a Picasso if you start small. I wanted a clown too, but I can't risk it!
Good luck!

fishgirl

Go w/ what they say -- I'd get a niger trigger or a sm. picasso (they are the sweetest of the triggers) for the tank u have now. If you really want a clown trigger (I know I do) then get another tank and plan to keep only fast big aggreesive fish in it, then indroduce the clown trig last.

dale

i have a picasso and i had a royal gramma. the gramma turned out to be an expensive snack for picasso. I also have a clownfish in with it and i've had no problem with it. good luck.

kris

If you are willing to risk your clowns and gramma I would try him, everything else should be fine since you're adding him last
and if you don't get one too large.