Any experience with Red Sea Prizm skimmer?

blownz281

I was cleaning mine out today skimmer box was dirty and filter was acting strange. so looked it over and the black hose that connects inside of the intake tube came lose at the bottom. it was hard with salt inside it. let it sit in some hot water for acouple mins and then water ran through it great. did a top off to the tank while i was waiting. plugged it back in and unless i have it barely running it wants to skim water into its collection cup right away and its brand new water. Its been years since i messed with that rubber hose. do i need to wait acouple hrs and let the skimmer get use to running normal again? then i shouldn't have it over reacting and removing perfectly fine water.
Thanks

integral9

I gave up on my prizm for reasons similar to this. Is it still running crazy? If so, and you have a maxi-jet use the airline valve from it to lower the air flowing into the skimmer.

blownz281

First time i had this problem since i got it years ago. its like from me cleaning that air hose upset the balance somehow?

fish4ever

I have to say, that I had the same problem a while ago when I cleaned mine. But after about a day or so it went back to where it was running before I messed with it. All I can say is be patient or try messing around with it then adjusting as you go. Good luck!

blownz281

I was hoping it would be back to normal today but it isn't. wish i never cleaned that hose line.. the way i have to have it now it barely moves the water. Red sea told me i had it adjusted for to much flow,duh i know that. but its pointless it have it setup to be able to flow wide open,but tell ya the filter won't perform right. i guess i will wait it out some more.