Any idea what this is?

tdelinski

I have a new tank member that came from the live rock. It appears to be serpent star of some type. It has long fuzzy legs. I have never seen a body on it but it does move around in the tank. I am posting a picture of it. I hope someone knows what my mystery guest is.
Thanks
Tom Delinski

B

billb

Nice little freebie... Thats about what mine looks like most of the time...coupla legs coming outside the rocks..He has come out in the daylight for very brief periods but as a rule they only come out at night..mine likes mysis shrimp and cut up raw shrimp parts. If any new large food enters the aquarium you will notice the legs stretching out to check it out...they have a wicked good sense of smell. Mine has little paddles on the legs along with the mini-spines...
He is about 9-12 inches across when flat out...
I also have smaller serpant, but he has only been out once in two weeks..I do catch an occasional glimpse of a leg here and there (wiggling) so I guess he is ok...
good luck
Billb

tdelinski

Thanks Guys. It funny the live rock has been in the tank for about 6 months, and this is the first cool thing to come out of it.
Thanks again
Tom Delinski