Any ideas on how to find a pair of bonded/egg laying clowns?

jackri

Since the death of the 3 out of 4 fish in my frag tank (due to I'm still thinking dish soap) I'm thinking about putting a breeding pair of clowns in it. The one clown recovered but I could put him in the main tank and get two more in there with my RBTA and hopefully get some eggs to try raising some.
Just a thought of what to do with the frag tank -- anyone have any ideas?
Other thoughts are angler/eel/lion or something like that but wife doesn't like those

mr.clownfish

i havent seen any FS sell egg laying paired clowns, but ur best chance would be buying a pair that have been paired awhile back. the bigger the female is and the smaller the male is the more chance you will have. it could take a long time until they breed. some clowns breed within a month and some take many years, some never breed at all. i have a pair that have been showing signs of breeding for about a 6 or 7 months now, like sometimes i get excited and freaked out, but they end up not mating.
but i still love clowns

they are awesome and cute.
weather or not they breed u should still get them cause they are adorable little monsters.
but if u cant find a pair then find a huge clown maybe 3"+ and the smallest one 0.5" or smaller if u can find one, and add them to the tank at they same time. they should bond within 8 hours - 2 days. thats is pretty much all i have done to all my paired clowns in the past. its cheaper too.
good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

srfisher17

Most breeders won't sell a productive pair of fish until they feel that their best days are behind them. Why would they part with a money machine? DD often has "bonded" pairs of different species. While these fish may not have spawned yet; most will,if provided with the right conditions.