Any luck w/ Domino Damsels?

rogueangel

Hey, its finally over (I hope) :cheer: . I've had almost straight 0's for 2 days (but will continue testing through weekend) My Ph is 8.0 Nh 0, NO2 0, then NO3 is between 5 and 10. (Not dark enough for 10) and keeps getting lighter, Temp at 80. So now the question is does anyone have any good experience w/ Domino Damsels? I want at least one (I know they're fiesty but I really love the look of them) Oh and I'm running a 12gal Eclipse System w/ 8ish lbs of LR, Tahitian Black sand. Could I possibly put two in there? I won't be getting them until Mon or Tues if my 0's are stable. I'd rather risk losing the 4.99 for a damsel than the 20 for a Clarkii. So anyone got any ideas? I'm only planning on having a few fish probally just the pair of Clarkiis so I was just wondering if a pair of Dominos would be cool too?

coachklm

i think your dominoes will tear up your clarkiis---
i had 2 dominoes ---way to aggressive for me so they went into a tank of there own. before heading back to the LFS.

nicole05

i have one domino and a blue w/yellow tail damsel my blue one so much more aggrsive then my domino i like him he looks really cute IMO i dont know anything about the other fish you want to put him with though so dont know if that would be a problem

jhov2324

Dominoes are cool, i have one that has grown really quick, he's so fiesty when I put my hand or the net in the tank, he tries to hit with his tail, funny little guy.

aredmon

Dominoes are one of the most aggressive of the damsels. I liked the look of them to so I got one and it tore up my clown fish. Nipped little wholes and tears in his fins because of the domino. I gave him to a freind and they put him in their tank and before he even went to find a hiding spot he started tormenting her fish. They like aggressive so they kept him but he is the bully of their tank now.

wax32

I like them even though they are hella aggressive. BUT, they get to be about 6 inches. Way too big for your 12 gallon nano.

rogueangel

how long does it take them to get that big? I might be upgrading for free one of these days soon. An old friend of mine is claiming that she's tired of her big tank. She's had freshwater angels for yrs. Maybe I'll luck out and my boyfriend can bring it w/ him when we move in our appt.

wax32

Originally Posted by rogueangel
how long does it take them to get that big? I might be upgrading for free one of these days soon. An old friend of mine is claiming that she's tired of her big tank. She's had freshwater angels for yrs. Maybe I'll luck out and my boyfriend can bring it w/ him when we move in our appt.

A year or so.

rogueangel

I think I'll try that fishing idea someone had on here the other day mrdc.
Thanks wax32, I should have the tank by then. Didn't know those little bitty fish grow that fast? Or I can always take them in to the lfs and see if he'll give me credit for them. This new store up here has some big 3in ones that are really popular.

rogueangel

Oh yah and btw wax32 I love your pic... always have, just never found a time to comment ya on it. Its so adorable. lol May the Force be w/ you and your tank

mrdc

It's funny, I have the hook which I was going to try but ever since I put the halides in, they don't come out very often until it's time to feed.

wax32

Originally Posted by rogueangel
Oh yah and btw wax32 I love your pic... always have, just never found a time to comment ya on it. Its so adorable. lol May the Force be w/ you and your tank
Thanks.

rogueangel

hey I have a quick question and don't care to open a new thread. How long can a fish be ok in the bag that the lfs gives you? the lfs back home is having a special on their dominos I just found out and if I get it it'll be a 2hr 45min drive up here then I'll have an hr b4 I go to work. I only work 3hrs but that'll be 7hrs for the damsels to be in the bag. I know that they can be shipped so should it be ok? I could just float her in the tank so she'll keep warm. Any ideas? One hr is not enough time to accumilate i know. And I dunno how much earlier I'd be able to leave and be up here. Barely enough to make it 2hrs.