Any MARINES on the board

L

lsu

I was a combat engineer myself, two tours. just wondering if anyone else spent time in the terrorist motherland.

socal57che

Not a Marine. I just live near Camp Pendleton. Wanted to say THANK YOU to all our service men and women. We really do appreciate all you give.

babyb

im not but my biological father was a marine and died while active duty, and my stepfather retired from the marines a few years ago after putting in 21 years

mie

OOH RAH devil dogs i got out in 1999, no time in the terror land, spent a year in Okinawa, japan and time in NORTH korea, and hong kong

babyb

i would hate to be in north korea, south koreans are bad, but i cant imagin liveing in north korea
m family took in about 25 south korean fes, it was horable, they were so unruly

phixer

IYAOYAS

Spent many years over there, (middle east) it stunk more each time I went back. I dont miss it.

Originally Posted by LSU
I was a combat engineer myself, two tours. just wondering if anyone else spent time in the terrorist motherland.
I served 11 years with almost 4 years total in the Middle east. Recieved my Commission through the Navy and finish surgeon school. Served most of my career as a Field Surgeon when i wasn't working in the Hospital.

reckler

Marines wouldn't take me. I promised myself if I was going into the service I would be a marine or nothing. They told me the army would take me in.
I asked him then why didn't he join the army.
I'm not a marine but my heart has always been one..
nothing against the army or other forces, but I would only be a marine if I was to defend my country...

imurnamine

It's cool, everyone has their own preference.
I understand, Reckler. If I had to join an armed forces thing, I'd be like my Aunt and go into the Air Force.

babyb

Originally Posted by reckler
Marines wouldn't take me. I promised myself if I was going into the service I would be a marine or nothing. They told me the army would take me in.
I asked him then why didn't he join the army.
I'm not a marine but my heart has always been one..
nothing against the army or other forces, but I would only be a marine if I was to defend my country...

hahaha that is a really funny thing, i have wanted to join the forces but theres no way i could be a marine and i would not join anyother, besides the fact that everyone in ym family has only been marine i would never live it down
"when it absolutly, positively has to be destroyed over night" call in the marines

reckler

well I just think the marines are tough. don't get me wrong the navey has the seals and the army has all their special forces. the really cool thing about the air force is the flying. that is something I have always dreamed of doing. but the marines do it all, plus fly the harier jets with the VTOL. now that is bad ***.

H

huskychasrs

Not USMC here, but 17+ years USAF...C-130 & C-141 Crew Chief and C-5 and KC-10 Flight Engineer.
Almost went to the Corps though, our state high-power rifle coach was a 26 year career grunt...he made my life difficult
Couldn't get away from the draw of airplanes.

ryan mcadams

Originally Posted by LSU
0311 - 1 tour due to spinal injury.
:)

dabudkrew

If everybody could get in the Marines, it wouldn't be the Marines!!!
IYOYAS, ******** its been awhile since i heard that. I miss field days, yeah right!!!