Any plumbers out there? Help! Pics!

jpc763

I am putting a new tank in my basement. Therefore I need to get a water source and a water disposal down there.Well I thought I would just put a utility sink in my basement "rough in" that I paid for when the house was built.
NOTE: the basement has a "structured subfloor" due to expansive soil. What that means is that my basement floor is wood on steel frame so I have minimal access *under* the floor.
Now, I have looked on line and what I have in my basement seems insufficient for what I need.
Pic1 - Pipe A I believe is the toilet hook up. Pipe B - I am not sure.

Pic2 - Where Pipe B goes up into the house

Pic3 - Close up of Pipe B

Pic4 - Pipe A, Pipe B & Pipe C under the floor

Pic5 - Where Pipe C goes

Pic6 - Where Pipe B goes from under the floor to the basement

So now the questions...
1) Where is the vent for Pipe A? Pipe B?
2) What is Pipe B? Is that my "sink" roughed in plumbing?
3) Where would you plumb a sink drain?
Thanks in advance.
John

silverdak

hmmm I will look it over and print it out for my father to take a look at. He has been a plumber and contractor for over 20 years now. I will see what he can see and let you know.

kogle

Looks like pipe B is your drain/vent. You can put your drain there. Just make sure there is a trap to prevent sewer gas from coming up through there.
Pipe A is your toilet drain.

jpc763

Originally Posted by KOgle
http:///forum/post/2915293
Looks like pipe B is your drain/vent. You can put your drain there. Just make sure there is a trap to prevent sewer gas from coming up through there.
Pipe A is your toilet drain.
So you are saying that I can put a drain into Pipe B with a trap ("S" shapped pipe) maybe 8" above the floor in Pic1 (right above the double 45 elbows)?
Thanks, John

chilwil84

pipe a the short stub through the floor wet vents through pipe b meaning that there is enough space for air to move at the same time as fluids are able to travel through it. you would want to put a y with a 1 1/2 part coming up while the 3" side keeps the pipe going in the same direction its curently going. you want your utility sink to be above the y with the trap the s shaped part as you described before to be above the y also.
i am just a carpenter with some plumbing experience, i licenced plumber may be able to describe it better to you.