Any quick cures for this?

fishyfun2

Hi,
I have had a small patch of green hair algae on a PH for a few months. Seemed to be in check, hasn't shown up on the rocks. I have a tailspot blenny who I think might be eating anything that may be trying to show up other places in my tank. He gets blown away by my PH's and has trouble eating it on there, so I think that's why that's the only place it's growing. Any fast way to get rid of a small area of it? Could I put something in a syringe and blast it or something? Like a small amount of really hot water maybe? I also have one tiny aitipsia, can I do the same to kill it?
Thanks in advance!

meowzer

Peppermint shrimp work for me.....I have 3 tanks..all have peppermints, and I have one aptasia in my 225....
I have read and heard though...that peppermints will only eat the small ones....not sure...

fishyfun2

A peppermint shrimp should be compatible with a skunk cleaner shrimp right? How many shrimp for a 29 gallon? I just have the skunk cleaner right now.

meowzer

I have one peppermint in my 29G....No Skunk though
I have a cleaner shrimp and some peps in my 225G....but they have lots of room to keep away from each other
I'm not really sure that I would get more than one for the 29....

S

shrimpy brains

Originally Posted by FishyFun2
http:///forum/post/3156727
Just a good scrubbing huh? Simple enough. Thanks! What about the little aitipsia? Ever battled with that?
If you have a syringe(no needle) You can boil water, put the syringe right up to it's mouth and inject!

fishyfun2

Yeah I wondered about that. My cleaner kind of rules my tank, he's pretty cool. I'd feel bad if I added another shrimp and my original one died. I've heard their not territorial, but I don't know for sure. Guess I'll have to look for other ways to kill that little aitipsia. Thanks everyone for the help tonight!

S

shrimpy brains

Originally Posted by FishyFun2
http:///forum/post/3156740
Yeah, I thought I'd heard something like that! Thanks!!!!

You have to do it pretty fast so the water doesn't cool down. It works well for me!!