Any Reef Safe Shrimp?

steveohh

I've got a camel back shrimp in my 12 gallon nano & I think he's nipping & eating my zoos. I caught him on the zoos this morning & it appears that one of the zoos has been completely eaten & 2 around it are damaged. Are there any reef safe cleaner shrimp??

alohami

Yes, camelbacks are known for that. They are cool looking and I wanted one, but luckily I found that out before I got one.
I have a cleaner shrimp in my 16 gal. and love him. He has a lot of personality and is always scavenging around the tank.
They can be purchased from this website. Here is the link:
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11...ot_parent_id=4
A couple other common reef safe shrimp are peppermint shrimp and fire shrimp. If you shop for them on this website, the description usually tells you if they are reef compatible or not.
Good Luck!

sweetdawn

sexy shrimp are also reef safe but they like to have an anemone but i think they are really the coolest looking shrimp

steveohh

OK, next question.........................How do I catch my shrimp w/o moving all my live rock & corals?? Is there some kind of a trick or device that can be used??? Thanks for the help.....

speg

Originally Posted by SteveOhh
OK, next question.........................How do I catch my shrimp w/o moving all my live rock & corals?? Is there some kind of a trick or device that can be used??? Thanks for the help.....

My shrimp clean my hands when I put them in the tank.. i'd have no problem catching them :p

X

xrobbx03

Originally Posted by SteveOhh

i been trying to catch my camelback shrimp also. The method i been using is cutting a 2 liter bottle right before the neck and flipping it around to form a funnel and placing a piece of brine shrimp inside. It hasnt work yet but since theres been one close call with him almost being caught i havent seen him near my polyps in almost a week now. So before i attempt to do the trap again im just going to monitor him maybe he learned his lesson

X

xrobbx03

i just been keeping an eye out on mine he has only touched my polyps the first day i put them in there other than that he has stayed away.