Any Satellite Installers

martinc909

I was just wondering if there were any dish network or directv installers or any other type that is similar out there. if so any tips?

gsd

Pretty well a straight forward thing. Clear view of southern skies, fire up your receiver and look for setup and plug in yur zip code and it will show your so called suggested degree to set the dish at, and using a compass set dish as suggested. It ought to e pretty darn close. Just look at strength meter rateing on receiver / setup, and make minute adjustments left / right and up / down while someone is watching strength meter and adjust until you get 98% or higher......YOu may get a decent pic with only a 90% rate but odds are you wil get more lost signal messages when bad weather rolls in, so thats were its important to get as high of a signal read as possible so yur not loosing the sifgnal wirth weather conditions..........and those conditions can be hundreds of miles away from you and not necessarily in the general area. Its not hard to setup a sat dish, and running the wires is usually the worst part, unless your satisfied with them being exposed. I ran cables in each room and outside for a dual setup with all wiring concealed inside the walls with coax outlets for a clean install.

martinc909

My father and I work for two local stores. I go to school and my dad has a seperate job. So on the weekends one store usually gives us some installations to do while the other store we have to get the contract but we get paid a little bit more. We've been installing since July of 05'. I get paid $50 per installation.
1. Is it better to install the mast on the roof/shingles or the side of the roof with the wood?
2. Should we use a type of glue/silicone for extra strength to the mast?

martinc909

These are the tools and materials that we use for an installation.
1. Portable tv.
2. Dish Network receiver to aquire max signal.
3. Extension Cord to get the tv & receiver to the roof for easier alignment.
We have a Acutrac 22 Pro but we have trouble using it.
4. Finger Coax Cable Stripping tool for rg6 and rg59 coax cable.
I just ordered a "Cable Flaring Tool"(don't know what it does) but I think that it's to push - the "RG6 .324 Crimp w/ silicone & O Ring" into the cable so that we won't have to do it -- with our fingers because it is pretty hard on the fingers. And a hex Crimp compression tool.
Does anyone think that we need a "fish tape" and how about those "stud finder".
PLEASE I NEED HELP. I WANT TO BE A GOOD INSTALLER BUT I DON'T KNOW MUCH OF THE TOOLS THAT I COULD BE USING TO MAKE A BETTER INSTALLATION.
HELP