Any soccer fans out there?

firefish9

Okay I wan't to know if there are any soccer fans on this site. I know that Reefreak29 knows some about soccer. If you don't like soccer thats okay I respect that just respect that I and others respect it to and don't post anything vulgar like in an old nascar thread I read about. So lets see whos out there

Thats cool that you started this because I just got tix to Columbus Crew vs. L.A. Galaxy. I am slowly becoming a soccer fan I actually know very little(nothing) about soccer. But 2 of my sons play soccer (6yrs and 5yrs) so my wife and I are gonna take them to the game. I figure it is helping the sport and giving its future a boost since i will surely take more interest. I think my boys will enjoy it.
I got a sweet package deal on the tix. 4 for that game and 4 for Houston game for 160. not bad considering 2 tix to the galaxy game are going for $50 ea on the bay.

bayside

i do!!! not much of a fan of the MLS but i try to watch every English Premier League, Italian Series A, and Spanish Primera games as i can.
the sport is much more interesting over there and with a lot of emotions involved. its makes it uncomparable to the MLS here.

reefboys

Oh my god I live eat sleep and breathe soccer! I'm subscribed to Fox Soccer Channel which allows me to watch every EPL game, Serie A, Bundesliga, and tons of highlights shows. Its amazing how much better the soccer in Europe is than in the MLS. Thats why Beckham is gonna run circles around everybody in the league next year... I was in France for World Cup 98 and I was lucky enough to go to Germany for Cup 06. Unfortunately the only game I got into was US vs. Czech Republic, 3-0... Still a great time though!!!

firefish9

Originally Posted by TriggerPhish
Thats cool that you started this because I just got tix to Columbus Crew vs. L.A. Galaxy. I am slowly becoming a soccer fan I actually know very little(nothing) about soccer. But 2 of my sons play soccer (6yrs and 5yrs) so my wife and I are gonna take them to the game. I figure it is helping the sport and giving its future a boost since i will surely take more interest. I think my boys will enjoy it.
I got a sweet package deal on the tix. 4 for that game and 4 for Houston game for 160. not bad considering 2 tix to the galaxy game are going for $50 ea on the bay.
They sure will enjoy it. I know my first soccer game was a Blast. Its way better than on TV

firefish9

Originally Posted by Reefboys
Oh my god I live eat sleep and breathe soccer! I'm subscribed to Fox Soccer Channel which allows me to watch every EPL game, Serie A, Bundesliga, and tons of highlights shows. Its amazing how much better the soccer in Europe is than in the MLS. Thats why Beckham is gonna run circles around everybody in the league next year... I was in France for World Cup 98 and I was lucky enough to go to Germany for Cup 06. Unfortunately the only game I got into was US vs. Czech Republic, 3-0... Still a great time though!!!
Thats my favorite channel also. I hate that my parents are getting rid of all the extra channels.
Man your so luckey I hear tickets for the cup games are almost impossible to get.

Im sure soccer is better in Europe but without support the MLS or soccer in general will never grow. I (as i am sure we all would) would like to see the US be more competitive in the world cup, so I will do what i can. IF the MLS gains popularity then kids will have more interest and step up the level of soccer athletes we have here

poniegirl

Originally Posted by TriggerPhish
Im sure soccer is better in Europe but without support the MLS or soccer in general will never grow. I (as i am sure we all would) would like to see the US be more competitive in the world cup, so I will do what i can. IF the MLS gains popularity then kids will have more interest and step up the level of soccer athletes we have here
I agree! It is an amazing sport to watch but needs more exposure. The talent and technical skill it takes (not to mention pure physical conditioning) to be a player are sorely underrated!
My daughter started when she was 7, is 12 now and has played with the same team all along. Seeing the game develope for them has been a real education for me, I know. (Great dedicated coaching, too! Same coach for all 5 years).
We have attended some of the local High School games and that was an eye-opener, too. I have yet to see a pro game, but would love to. I'm just not a TV person.

reefboys

We went to the stadium without any idea of how to get tickets. I carried a sign that said "Need 2 Tickets" in English and German and were lucky enough to find an American with 2 extras!

prevwon

I love the EPL, I watch FSW all the time, every day. I'm a huge Chelsea fan, I try to watch all of their games and most of the EPL games. They never play Budesliga games on FSW and MLS isn't that great...but I love soccer and I am thinking about starting to play again soon...GO BLUES!

reefboys

I'm a die hard Chelsea fan. But I'm sorry to say... Man U is going to win the EPL, the Champions League, and the FA Cup this year. Thats incredible

prevwon

Originally Posted by Reefboys
I'm a die hard Chelsea fan. But I'm sorry to say... Man U is going to win the EPL, the Champions League, and the FA Cup this year. Thats incredible
With the way Chels has been playing lately, sadly, I agree...
The game last weekend against Bolton was disappointing...

bill109

so you can watch it.. ne one play
i dont even think you wanna get me startted on soccerr i have played since i can remeber and played in italy on a us team in 04....
see what this thread does..
good to see some soccerfans out there
to bad i dont play ne more. this was my 1st year without it.. sno-x was getting interferred and premier coaches dont liek it when you miss soccer.
-bill109

prevwon

I played for 7 years...I quit playing once I moved to NC. I really want to start playing again. I was a good keeper.

scgator

Bill109 That's awesome!
Played up through college and 1 great summer as a pro. My parents convinced me to go back to school and I broke my tail bone. Everyone in my classes thought I had hemoroids or something because I had to sit on a donut for weeks.
Trying to put together a travel team here (SW Virginia). I coach my son's team, but the level of competition is no where near the level we were used to in South Carolina (CESA).

firefish9

Originally Posted by alphamandi
I actually run an indoor soccer facility and love my job!!!!!!!!!!!

Indoor soccers awesome I'm on a team in one. My favorite part is chiping it off the wall.