ANY SUGESTIONS

bklyntank

I CYCLED MY TANK WITH A CLOWN AND PINK TAIL TRIGGER I'M READY FOR FISH SHOULD I BRING THEM BACK FOR CREDIT OR WOULD I BE ABLE TO INTRODUCE FISH BY ADDED ROCK AND NEW HIDING PLACES OR IS THAT A DISASTER WAITING TO HAPPEN

fshhub

the trigger can pose to be a problem down the line, as for the maroon clown, they too can get agressive, but would de less of a problem for more species of fish, you still should add lr if you don't have any, but to answer your question honestly, it will primarily on what type of system you intend to keep and what other neighbors you intend to give these fellas
give us a little mor info, someone will help

bklyntank

no you miss understood me its a clown trigger and pink tail and 2 damsels yes i will add lr how much lr should i put in its a 90 gl with 3 large artificial corals and crushed coral.what kind of fish can i mixed and how many or do you suggest getting rid of the triggers or taken them out and putting them back after i add new fish please reply with detailed answers

broomer5

Huh ....
Let me get this straight ..... you CYCLED your tank with a Clown Trigger and a Pink Tail Trigger ?????
Are you planning an aggressive tank ?
More information please

josh

FYI - you won't get many replies speaking like that in here. To answer your question - NO you won't be able to put fish in there, the triggers will literally eat them alive. Question for you - if infact you have a clown trigger, why would you cycle your tank with a hundred dollar fish?????????

thor

unless you got some other aggressive fish like a lion or puffer your triggers might not attack but i would not do that
have your triggers shown any sign of aggression? ive heard that in the wild triggers will attack any other trigger they see
[ December 20, 2001: Message edited by: Thor ]

ebeckels

i can not believe u attempted to cycle a tank with that kind of fish...they are hardy and all, but so are mollies and damsels!! you could also have done raw shrimp.
-Eric

fshhub

OK EVERYBODY, apparently he was mislead (probaly by the lfs), most of us have been once(at least), so no more needed ont the triggers,
yes i did slightly mis understand you, and was a little too vague imn my reply, but i'll try again
if it were me, yes i would return the fish becaus they are quite aggressive, and will get to be way WAY too big for your tank collectively, the pink tail alone may suffice, alone but you can't put any other large fish in there, so every one you add would be potential food anyhow, he would need larger and more aggressive tank mates, othewise you would just be setting up a smorgasborg for him
90 gal?= IMO 130 lbs(especially if it's fiji) or more
the damsels, would be ok, as long as you get other fish which they wouldn't bully too much
now, as i said, if it were me, this is just what i would do, not necessarily what is the best, a 90 could work with a pink tail, you would just have to be very careful with your other additions, size and aggressiveness, but the clown really should have at least a 135 gallon
now again, what type of tank do you desire, and what type of fish do you wish to adopt, maybe we can give some more help here,
JUST, if the lfs had advised on the triggers, please, look for more info before buying again, all of us here would like to help you avoid problems, the lfs's have a different motive
[ December 20, 2001: Message edited by: fshhub ]