any suggestions for a Volitan who no longer wants Silversides?

giants4pc

He's about 5-6" and has been eating frozen silversides since I got him about 2 months ago. The only other fish in the tank is a puffer. They don't bother one another at all. For some reason, over the past couple of days, he will literally chomp them and spit them out. Sometimes they will float right in front of his face and he won't eat them. Any ideas?

vegas made

maybe try feeding him with a target feeder (a stick)or letting the shrimp sit in garlic juice for a couple minutes before you feed it to him or just try a diffrent type of food

jam1e

freeze-dried krill always works for my lion. he loves that stuff. but other than changing foods use garlic and get a feeder stick try to make the food look like it's running away or hopping around a bit .. kind of dancing ..

v-lioness

Lions need a variety of food, you can try Raw Shrimp, Squid, Octo, Crab, Scallops, instead of silversides switch to frozen sand eels, all foods should be soaked in vitamins.
If the lion is hungry yet spits the food back out this may be a health issue due to a staple diet of silversides. Try feeding a variety and smaller chunks.
Kaye

spector101

I would try live fish I do it with mine every once in a while just to change it up. He seems to enjoy the chase. But you can feed fozen or dried krill. You can try (only seen one that eats it) Formula one.

jenni620

try some squid...mine loves it. he also likes krill and clam. scallops would be a good idea also. good luck!