Any thoughts?

bneal

55 gal
Ammonia .025
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
PH 7.8
S.G. 1.021
My tank is going on a year old. I admit no comments... I did not do the best maintenance for a while. I was discouraged with the algae, so I bought a RO unit. The last 4 water changes have been 10% ever 1.5 weeks.
I also added a UV lamp last week. The algea is dissapearing, but soon after my Coral angel who has lived in peace for months in a tap water world changed every 1 - 2 months (again no comments I KNOW!) is suddenly swimming erratically (in circles)... It is probably too late, but I thought that I was heading in the right direction?
I am not sure in the slight ammonia spike. My Tomato clown and damsel, and coral banded shrimp are fine.... not an over-stocked tank that’s for sure!
The only other thing is that my Condi which I was told here would not last a month, was doing well at 9 months, until he was sucked into a filter, Could this be a poisoning?
Appreciate any input......

beth

Administrator
Staff member
You mention that you are having or recently had an ammonia spike? Likely a result of the anemone demise.
Yes, the erratic fish behavior is very likely caused by ammonia if you have it.
I would suggest a large water change with aged water.
What are your water readings, including pH and salinity, nitrite, nitrate, ammonia.