any vets on now kitten just got hit by a car

seasalt101

me and jenny just watched a little kitten get hit by a car cat is breathing heavy and meowing a lot looks like a broken hip as her front parts move but the back end drags need help here asap...tobin

seasalt101

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
OMG that would be terrrible to watch! Can you call a local vet and get some suggestions?
yeah 160.00 up front i'm on social security don't have it trying to nurse it back ourselves as that is our only option...tobin

groupergenius

When you say hit by car, do you mean run over? Cats are pretty resilient. They don't say 9 lives for nothing. Surely the poor thing is in shock and more than definitely hurt, I would wait till morning to attempt any Vet visits.
Is it your cat??

seasalt101

Originally Posted by GrouperGenius
When you say hit by car, do you mean run over? Cats are pretty resilient. They don't say 9 lives for nothing. Surely the poor thing is in shock and more than definitely hurt, I would wait till morning to attempt any Vet visits.
Is it your cat??
no just a kitten we saw get hit there is no blood and it did crap itself the whole backend she just drags this happened 15 minutes ago and she is panting

groupergenius

Originally Posted by seasalt101
no just a kitten we saw get hit there is no blood and it did crap itself the whole backend she just drags this happened 15 minutes ago and she is panting
Tragic, no doubt. My only suggestion would be to give it time. Sounds cruel I know, but they are fairly tough critters. Try to keep it calm from going into major shock.

msez2u

more then likely..its got spine injury's ...animals will potty on themselves when there is nerve damage...the kitten really needs to get to the vet for treatment. Most will take it and not charge you if you tell them that you saw it get hit and it needs help. I cant tell for sure...but it will probably need to be put to sleep. Just due to inside damage that was done.

H

huskychasrs

Tobin...doesn't sound good bro. If the poor thing can't move its hind end, coupled with the screaming and heavy breathing you may be fighting an uphill battle my friend.

seasalt101

Tragic, no doubt. My only suggestion would be to give it time. Sounds cruel I know, but they are fairly tough critters. Try to keep it calm from going into major shock.
that's what we are trying to do she trys to get up here and there and can't do it, can we give her baby aspirn to help with the pain?

H

huskychasrs

I would say yes to the aspirin, if anything a little relief.

groupergenius

that's what we are trying to do she trys to get up here and there and can't do it, can we give her baby aspirn to help with the pain?
Don't know for sure. Sorry. Please, and I mean this nicely, don't get too attached to the kitten. Things could work out good or bad.

seasalt101

Don't know for sure. Sorry. Please, and I mean this nicely, don't get too attached to the kitten. Things could work out good or bad.
i know this if i had a gun i'd put a bullet in it's head just so it wasn't suffering i'm telling the kids not to get attached too we all lve animals especially cats

groupergenius

i know this if i had a gun i'd put a bullet in it's head just so it wasn't suffering i'm telling the kids not to get attached too we all lve animals especially cats
I have 4 dogs, 3 cats, umpteen fish, 1 bull, 2 cows, 10 goats, 2 teenagers, and 4 pigs.
I keep telling the wife not to get too attached to the teenagers.

ric maniac

ok, this sounds mean but GENTLY poke around on (not in
) its rear end and tell where it shows the most discomfort. this may help to identify what is wrong. if you poke bone and it hurts, try the same area only fleshy, this will tell if it has internal or bone injuries.

seasalt101

I have 4 dogs, 3 cats, umpteen fish, 1 bull, 2 cows, 10 goats, 2 teenagers, and 4 pigs.
I keep telling the wife not to get too attached to the teenagers.

i just called animal control they will be here in a while i feel bad it's legs are cold this makes me mad at drivers and sad that this little kitten is probably 10 weeks old and going to die because some jerk didn't pay attention or care about this little cute kitten

seasalt101

it doesn't feel it's backend at all broken tail at hip left leg out of socket right leg upper thigh broken in several places and as stated whole backend cold belly not swollen...tobin

groupergenius

it doesn't feel it's backend at all broken tail at hip left leg out of socket right leg upper thigh broken in several places and as stated whole backend cold belly not swollen...tobin

So sad.

ric maniac

oh, this sounds even meaner. its going to need corrective surgery and even that wont help much. if his legs are cold it means they have lost blood flow, and they will have to be amputated. no normal human has the money for this kind of surgery for a cat unless they have a very very nice vet. i would give him some asprin, really nice kitty food maybe some catnip, a blanket over him, stroke him, and a few toys lying around him and let him enjoy it for a bit. then have the aspca or a vet put him to sleep. its sad but in the long run he will be happier up in the big sandbox in the sky

reefraff

What about the jerk that let the kitten run lose? I have hit a dog once, pretty sick feeling but there wasn't much I could do. It ran right in front of me.
My mom and sister adopted a kitten that they saw get hit just about the same way. It had a broken pelvis. The Vet told them to keep it in a crate (to limit mobility) until it healed up. The cat gets around pretty good now. The only lasting effect from the incident is poor bladder control.