anybody have a foxface lo ( rabbitfish)

rdhanley

what fish does it get along with. whats its feeding habits. does it eat frozen foods along with the nuisance algae.

bang guy

They get along with every other fish except Yellow Butterflyfish and other Rabbitfish.
They pick at algae all day but they are omnivores and will eagerly eat frozen food.

joe 09

it is a very peaceful fish,i would add it to the tank first.it eats any vegetable matter,dried seaweed.feed it mysis and any herbivore foods.this is one of the best first fish for the tank.do you have any fish now.

leftyblite

They are a very peaceful fish. I currently have mine in a 150G with a blue tang, bicolor angel and a porc puffer. He gets along with all of them. He recognizes me when I walk to the front of the tank. He loves to graze on algae sheets when I hang them in the tank. I love his ability to switch colors so rapidly. :happyfish :happyfish

rdhanley

do you think the foxface fo will get along with the following in a 125 gallon :
final fish addition to tank. except for more invertabrates.
yellow tang
algae blenny
coral beauty
copperband butteryfly
2 yellowhead jawfish
diamond goby
clownfish
oriental sweetlips
longhorn cowfish
snails
lettuce nidibrand
blueleg crab
components:
wet dry filtration system rated for up 200 gallons
300 gph canister filter system with 40 watt sterilizer
2 heaters
100 or so live rock
180 of live sand
refugium
2 powerheads
etcs.

bill109

Originally Posted by rdhanley
do you think the foxface fo will get along with the following in a 125 gallon :
final fish addition to tank. except for more invertabrates.
yellow tang
algae blenny
coral beauty
copperband butteryfly
2 yellowhead jawfish
diamond goby
clownfish
oriental sweetlips
longhorn cowfish
snails
lettuce nidibrand
blueleg crab
components:
wet dry filtration system rated for up 200 gallons
300 gph canister filter system with 40 watt sterilizer
2 heaters
100 or so live rock
180 of live sand
refugium
2 powerheads
etcs.
the sweetlips and long horn will out grow the tank eventually wont they ? i dont know much about them but i thought i have seen the longghorns to need a 150

rdhanley

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
Just my opinion but I think you're already overstocked.
if i just added invertabrates such as snails , sea cucumber ,crabs, spiny oysters. mainly to clean up the tank and eat algae and reduce nitrates.
invertabrates should okay then. right. no more fish

monalisa

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
I typically avoid crabs but that's just me. The rest of the inverts you listed are fine.
That's a lesson I've also learned. Emeralds, but that's it.
Lisa :happyfish

rdhanley

why don't you recommend crabs. looking for excess food scavengers. i thought about getting a sand sifting star but was told they would starve to death.
any help appreciated

kevin34

Originally Posted by leftyblite
They are a very peaceful fish. I currently have mine in a 150G with a blue tang, bicolor angel and a porc puffer. He gets along with all of them. He recognizes me when I walk to the front of the tank. He loves to graze on algae sheets when I hang them in the tank. I love his ability to switch colors so rapidly. :happyfish :happyfish
Can you give any info you have on the bicolor angel?

leftyblite

My bicolor angel was a little agressive first but the puffer put him in his place.
Now he gets along with all of them. He is a grazer. I had a problem with apistasia and he wiped it out in a matter of days. :thinking:

rdhanley

Originally Posted by rdhanley
why don't you recommend crabs. looking for excess food scavengers. i thought about getting a sand sifting star but was told they would starve to death.
any help appreciated
bump

rdhanley

bang guy

Crabs are opportunistic scavenger/predators.
Various species of Bristleworm will be your best bet for removing excess food.