anybody here ride? wrecked last summer...

todj2002

totalled my zx6 last summer riding wheelie bout 70mph. man that was a depressing day. i unfortunately was not wearing any gear other than my helmet. i was going for a quick blip around the block and was just a few hundred yards from my house and looped out. ALOT of road rash and broke my ankle, knee and clavicle. if ur gonna be dumb u gotta be tough. went back to work in two weeks and got a new bike a month later. took me a few rides to get over the fear again. that was the worst wreck i ever had and man it hurt. WEAR UR GEAR, u never know whats gonna happen. i just remember going past balance and it was to late to brake and bailing off the back. had shorts and sweatshirt on. i slid on my side for a few seconds then i could feel the asphalt tearing away at me so i planted my foot to try and get to my feet (prolly how i broke my ankle) but with the speed i was traveling just started to barrel roll. all i rember is everything went quite and i knew i needed to stop rolling cause it was beating the crap out of me. when if finally stopped i rolled right to my feet and began the body check to make sure i was all there. then began try to move all the parts out of the road, adrenaline had me moving pretty good at that point. i remember seeing a piece of foam from the seat and at first i thought it was a piece of me. glad it wasnt. anyway long story short, wear your gear. i always blaze wheelies through that section and the last thing i ever thought about was looping out. maybe a moment of defocus, idk but the worst pain i have ever endured and i have had alot. i got shot with a 38 one time and that was my worst pain previous to wrecking my bike. well i was gonna post some pics of bike but it wont let me. i have had this problem randomly lately. anybody have trouble posting pics here?

slider101

I ride. But nothing like you lol. Sorry to hear about the accident. I ride a ratted out 81 virago 750. All flat black, alot of custom work I done myself. Live to ride!

subielover

I used to have a 96 GSXR 750. Pretty decent bike. Sold it though when I started to have some problems with it. One day I will get a nice Harley.

sk8fergy

I wrecked my kx450 last summer. I got hit by a quad and shattered my right hand along with some road rash. I got a purple heart from a suicide bombing in iraq and that pain didnt compare to the wreck. I fixed my bike though and was riding a week later, destroyed hand and all. lol. I guess one day ill learn.

shrimpi

Ive had a katana, a 636, and a gsxr 600 and Ive done my fair share of 'falling off'. I even got rear ended one time at a stop light by some retard talking on the phone.
I always wore my gear though, and never had any substantial injuries like broken bones etc. but, I will agree that falling off/wrecking is some serious pain afterwards! Especially in my knees. One time I wiped out on some oil or something (the road had just been paved) and some how I came down on my knees when I fell. My knees were so swollen and I could barely walk for like a week! yikes
I dole my last one about a year ago because I moved away from the people I used to ride with, but I do miss it

Jess

kowaleski

I'm looking at getting a bike this year with tax return- thinking of
yzf-r6s
gsx 600
and am know also think the ninja650
anythoughts on these?

shogun323

I ride dirt. My 400ex has seen its fair share of bent tie rods, a bent axle, cracked plastic, bent steering stem and bars, and plenty of dings in the rims. I am sure there will be more.
Dress for the crash and hope you don't!!!!!

tangman99

I just totalled out my 06 1000RR in November up in the mountains in North Carolina. Went into a sharp decreasing radius turn and tires had not warmed up. Low sided, tumbled and hit a guard rail. I was wearing full racing leathers, Sidi racing boots, gloves and my Arai RX-7 Full face helmet. $9000.00 worth of damage to the bike and I literally walked away with a broken collar bone. ATGATT (All The Gear All The Time)
Here it is at the crash scene:

Now for the good news! I just bought this brand new out the crate yesterday and I'm picking it up tomorrow after work!

Originally Posted by TangMan99
http:///forum/post/2891181
I just totalled out my 06 1000RR in November up in the mountains in North Carolina. Went into a sharp decreasing radius turn and tires had not warmed up. Low sided, tumbled and hit a guard rail. I was wearing full racing leathers, Sidi racing boots, gloves and my Arai RX-7 Full face helmet. $9000.00 worth of damage to the bike and I literally walked away with a broken collar bone. ATGATT (All The Gear All The Time)
Here it is at the crash scene:

Now for the good news! I just bought this brand new out the crate yesterday and I'm picking it up tomorrow after work!

nice.
my wife just gave me the go ahead to get a bike. ill probably get my brothers bike gxsr 600 . i know it not great but for $1500. i dont want to buy a new bike till i have experiance on a bike that i dont mind dropping (not that i want to).

reefraff

A buddy of my brother had a Norton 750 back in the day. He gave me some pointers when I bought my first dirt bike. After a broken arm, then breaking the same leg twice he came to conclusion that road rash is a lot less painful in the long haul than broken bones and if possible slide on your side. Also drinking and riding isn't a great idea either :)
He said in two of the three wrecks if he had just done the slide he would have been fine. The time he broke his arm he actually made it to his feet and ran into an oncoming car

todj2002

well here is a shot of my arm a month later. i still cant seem to upload pics, only randomly. i think it is my provider.
i will try to attach more 2morrow. glad to here all u crashers are alright. been there and i know how ya feel. but we still cant stop! i want to upload pics of wrecked bike and new but it giving me a hassle. Attachment 216285

todj2002

Originally Posted by goober_hunter
http:///forum/post/2891408
nice.
my wife just gave me the go ahead to get a bike. ill probably get my brothers bike gxsr 600 . i know it not great but for $1500. i dont want to buy a new bike till i have experiance on a bike that i dont mind dropping (not that i want to).
btw, phat lookin bike. my buddy has the 6 but in white. i dont care for the white. kinda sissy but i have ridden it and its pretty nice. i prefer my zx though. its like a secret dirty girlfriend,
i cant get enough.

mx#28

Just sold my CRF450 this summer, but here are a couple pics of me on the motocross scene. I've crashed and broke way too many times.

mx#28

Originally Posted by TODJ2002
http:///forum/post/2891475
well here is a shot of my arm a month later. i still cant seem to upload pics, only randomly. i think it is my provider.
i will try to attach more 2morrow. glad to here all u crashers are alright. been there and i know how ya feel. but we still cant stop! i want to upload pics of wrecked bike and new but it giving me a hassle. Attachment 216285
I’ll see your elbow wound and raise you.

This one sucked because it got infected and took two surgeries.

todj2002

Originally Posted by shogun323
http:///forum/post/2891092
I ride dirt. My 400ex has seen its fair share of bent tie rods, a bent axle, cracked plastic, bent steering stem and bars, and plenty of dings in the rims. I am sure there will be more.
Dress for the crash and hope you don't!!!!!

my friend does woods races here in nc. he is hard core and has had some knarly wrecks. when i was riding dirt i could not even come close to keeping up with him. i would never admit that to him though!! haha. he is in A class and his brother races pro. we are all kinda old dogs though and the beatings i think are starting to take a toll. oh well u cant stop doing something u love

todj2002

Originally Posted by MX#28
http:///forum/post/2891509
I’ll see your elbow wound and raise you.

This one sucked because it got infected and took two surgeries.
damn thats sucks! here is shot of footpeg stab. they also suck. slow wheelie and laid it over on my leg.

tangman99

Damn guys. Those are some wicked wounds. I hope you heal up fast. Brought home the new bike tonight but I'm still a good 4 weeks from riding regular again.