Anybody in SOFL not have a heater like myself?

teresaq

I'm i sw fla, and dont run any heaters. I do heat my house, and my tanks are at about 76-78 right now.

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by Sergeant
That sounds just like mine. 78 degrees without the need of a heater.
Me as well 76-78..consistent..

groupergenius

I have heaters in all mine. And I freaked this morning when my 90 SPS reef was 73.9
All my other tanks were spot on. Guess I didn't have that heater dialed in quite right. I hope the major drop has no ill effects.

snakeblitz33

I live in Louisiana and I woke up this morning and all the red and green lights were on my heaters. It was 19 degrees last night and busted a couple of my pipes on my house!!!

ameno

yes it does, was 12 at my house last night, to cold for me. yall need to keep all that cold up north were it belongs

brewski4u1

i always run a heater! my tank stays right at 79 80 all th time! i need heater cause my house is always freezing!

ifirefight

I dont have a tank heater...but the house is heated. I came home from work this morning and the wife had the central heat set at 78 DEGREES !! It felt nice in the house.. but my electric meter was spinning like a top!

spyder78

Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33
I live in Louisiana and I woke up this morning and all the red and green lights were on my heaters. It was 19 degrees last night and busted a couple of my pipes on my house!!!
But in true Louisiana fashion, we'll be back in the 70s this weekend. Crazy weather!
That's why I run a heater as a precaution. It doesn't kick on very often, but it's there if its needed.

isistius

no heater in my tank. i only use submersible pumps for heat. lol. i do have a heater, but i really don't like to use it. i don't know how accurate it is.

peachie98

No heater in my 8 gallon (stays pretty consistant with the more powerful lighting) but my 40 gallon with the not-so-great lighting has a heater...and it's been coming on today! lol...this cold sucks!
Hope my turtles out in my 90 gallon pond outside are gonna be okay...no heater out there. :(
I do also have my house heater running too.

mar1376

I'm in boynton beach and I don't have a heater in the tank but we did kick the heat on in the house last night.

rickl

I am in Coral Springs and for some reason my heater didn't kick on. Tank got down to 74. The funny thing is my leathers have been stressed for the past few weeks and I haven't been able to figure out why. Normal tank temp is 81-82. With the lower temp they have perked right up! So at least something good came out of the cold, I found out what the problem was with my leathers.

bigleman

Im in Charleston,SC and for the 4 months i've had my tank, i haven't even plugged mine in. I guess we keep the house cold enough to offset the MH.