Anybody interested in posting up some Holiday Recipes?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Well, getting close to that time of year again and time to begin planning.
Anybody have some really good receipes they want to share? Thanksgiving or Xmas! :D
How do you fix the bird, bake goods, etc., etc.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
No one cooks around here! I guess ya'll will be eating Swanson turkey dinners this yr, right?

oh well, guess I'll have to just use the same ole meal plan.

lovethesea

I have a good sweet potatoe receipe if you like those and a good hash brown casserole......let me know which.

C

capschamp

sorry for hijacking beth but i would like to see the hashbrown casserole

thesamm

i kno a sweet one...
stop at ur local meijers in the frozen isle there will be some peperoni hot pokets, boy o boy pop them things in the mic for about 2 min and ur in for some fun

beth

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, post them all up. I was actaully looking at a can of sweet potatos today at the grocery store. I've never really eaten it, believe it or not.

scoobydoo

Brocolli/Cauliflower/Carrots
Cut fresh raw vegetables up in quarter size chunks. Put in microwave safe bowl with a little water. Nuke until soft but still firm. Drain water. Add a can of cream of brocolli soup, 1/2 cup mayo and a bunch of Velvetta cheese. Top with French's french fried onions. Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour.
Great recipe, but fattening!

scoobydoo

Also my favorite and easiest recipe, prep time 4 minutes!
Swedish Meatballs.
Put one bag of Mama Lucia's meatballs and one can of Golden Mushroom soup in crock pot. Cover. Set on low for about 2 hours, stirring occassionally.
Best meatballs I ever had. Got that recipe from my mother-in-law whose Swedish and has an aunt who makes them from scratch, even goes to the butcher to make sure the meat is ground correctly.

mukiwa

I most likely eat different foods than you because I am from South Africa but have any of you eaten Pumpkin as vegetable? not as I pie....That is what my mom does

nw2sltfsh

here is an awsome Portugese Dish that I learned living in MA for the past 8 years. I love this stuff
Shrimp Mozambique Recipe
2lbs. shrimp (lg) 1 can beer (Bud) 2 sticks butter 2T.paprika 1tsp.salt and pepper 1/2 of a lemon juice 1/4 C. fresh parsley 1/2 T garlic Tabasco sauce to taste 4sm.pkgs.Goya seasoning (conazafern) is the name for the Goya seasoning) With shrimp on front of box.
In large skillet melt 2 sticks of butter and add the beer. Place the shrimp in skillet. Add all other ingredients in at this time and cook on medium heat for about 15 min. Let the shrimp sit in sauce for about 1 hour to absorb the juice.

beth

Administrator
Staff member

Originally posted by TheSamm
i kno a sweet one...
stop at ur local meijers in the frozen isle there will be some peperoni hot pokets, boy o boy pop them things in the mic for about 2 min and ur in for some fun

That's a guy response if I ever saw!

beth

Administrator
Staff member

Originally posted by Mukiwa
have any of you eaten Pumpkin as vegetable? not as I pie..

Nope, how is it prepared?

nikkoli110

Originally posted by Beth
yeah, post them all up. I was actaully looking at a can of sweet potatos today at the grocery store. I've never really eaten it, believe it or not.

Canned??? Come on girl!! I'll get my mom to write the recipie for her sweet potato dish tomorow, all i know is that it inculdes marshmello's on the top, and it is mmm mmm good! :eek:) Can't wait for some butternut squash too, my mom makes it really easily....Cut the butternut squash in half, dump out the seeds, make criss cross patterns in the squash, and then I think she just puts like cinnimon and maple syrup on it, and bakes it. Its soooo good. Now I cant wait! But I dont get home cooking this year, we're going to NYC for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade! I'm so excited!!! :joy: I'll post the sweet potato one tomorow!

lovethesea

I'll post both tomorrow. The sweet potatoes is YUMMY.. canned though. But you can do what you want. Canned is easier.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds, good. All the receipes do. I'm so tired of the same ole routine meals, I've been trying to get some new ideas.
Thanks all! :joy:

dvs

I have a great recipe for Italian Cheesecake. Its really easy to make too. Just drop me a line.
:happyfish
Jen

saltymom

if you wanna make YUMMY sweet potatoes... get down the veggie isle at walmart asap or it will likely alll be gone.. and get UNKLE WILEYS sweet potatoe seasonings... ya add butter n sugar...and the package ingredients...and u do it ONTOP the stove..thats the best part! Combines the classic taste of fresh brown sugar with cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves to make it quick and simple to prepare delicious sweet potato and yam dishes.
This is the BEST yummiest way I have ever had sweet potatos Beth... my intire family makes me make them now!! LOL
if u miss out and cant find at the store u can buy it online
http://www.unclewileys.com/products/

saltymom

Im also in charge of making the dressing every year, since I swiped martha stewarts classic stuffing reciepe about five years ago!! So, use this at your own risk, or you will likely be making the stuffing every thanksgiving from this year on!! LOL
Seriously..u can adjust this receipe to your liking and its just aWesomE! I know my family does not like this FOUR onion mess in thiers..so I tone that down! LOL
Classic Stuffing
Makes 12 cups
The terms stuffing and dressing are often used interchangeably, but they do have different meanings: Stuffing is cooked inside the bird, dressing is on its own.
12 tablespoons butter
4 onions (2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
16 celery stalks, cut into 1/4-inch dice
10 large fresh sage leaves, chopped, or 2 teaspoons crushed dried sage
6 cups Homemade Chicken Stock, or canned
2 loaves stale white bread (about 36 slices), crust on, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 teaspoons salt
4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
3 cups fresh coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves (about 2 bunches)
2 cups pecans, toasted and chopped (optional)
2 cups dried cherries (optional)
1. Melt butter in a large skillet. Add onions and celery, and cook over medium heat until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Add sage, stir to combine, and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add 1/2 cup stock, and stir well. Cook for about 5 minutes, until liquid has reduced by half.
2. Transfer onion mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add all remaining ingredients, including the remaining stock; mix to combine.
3. Bake until a golden brown