Anybody know about this fish

hawthorn

Hi im trying to find out about the red head goby as i cant find much info on it, does anybody on here know anything about it, I.E hardiness, temperament, feeding, and ae they expensive.
thanks in advance
Hawthorn

fedukeford

never heard of it, unless your talking about a firefish goby, but heres a little general info about gobys: pretty hardy, some are jumpers, eat frozen food, flakes, most are under $25, peacful fish

hawthorn

nope its not the firefish its a red head goby ive found one on another site but its not got much info on it.

emperor11

Ahh...yes, the Red Head Goby(Elacatinus puncticulatus). They stay pretty small, and can be kept in a tank as small as a 10 gallon(they only get 2") They like coral rubble as a substrate, but it isn't needed for it to do well. They are found near Equador in the wild. Its not ususally aggressive towards other fish, however, it might fight with its own kind, unless its a mated pair. Sometimes it even acts as a cleaner fish. Its pretty common for this species to spawn in the aquarium...just know if you want to attempt this, that you need to make sure you purchase a mated pair. Their food should be made up of a variety of live and frozen brine shrimp, frozen mysid shrimp, diced RAW table shrimp, and frozen food preparations for carnivores. If kept in a reef tank(and I assume it will be), it should be fed once per day.