anyoen in Connecticut

italgal02

Anyone in CT that knows of a great pet shop for LS and LR?
i was going to two of them, one is further, but they dont have LS and the one wher ei got my LR is getting pretty dirty.... Anyone know anywhere within the area.... MY BF love driving so maybe even neighboring states... (2 hour max)

cptrigger

I go online to get mine for the big pieces, locally in RI are too expensive. If you're going for smaller amounts there are a couple in RI that aren't too bad.

kquang

i'm not an expert on the area...i only visit a couple fish stores when i visit my gf in springfield. I've been to fish frenzy, aqua dreams, and James Tropical Fish. I think there are a few more that I haven't visited. You can get the addresses to these stores from google (that's how i found them). If you are ever in the boston area there is a store called tropical isle which specializes in sw fish....really impressive store.

renogaw

there's a nice store, aqua dreams, on the corner of 57 and 189 in Feeding Hills, Mass. that's where i got my live rock from, and they specialize in tropical fish and reef tanks. VERY nice local store. there's also a nice store in on the Granby/Simsbury line, but i didn't see live rock (they don't have as good of a saltwater selection as Aqua dreams though)

italgal02

Thanks Guys! Im actually planning a trip to Boston... so i think i will stop by! Thanks for the feedback Ill tell you how it went~

cptrigger

Just found a new LFS that is pretty good for fish/corals. Good coral selection and cheap prices (all corals $39.99). Fish were scarce, but it was towards the end of their shipment. Will check it out when their new shipment comes in to see what they usually get in.
CPT

bill109

Originally Posted by cptrigger
Just found a new LFS that is pretty good for fish/corals. Good coral selection and cheap prices (all corals $39.99). Fish were scarce, but it was towards the end of their shipment. Will check it out when their new shipment comes in to see what they usually get in.
CPT

ok there is one in southwick MA called coral reef (my favorite) 610 College Highway
it it is a plaza roma restaurant .
there is one in simsburry CT Emmoncs tropical fish. 1612 Hopemeadow St (Rte 10)
try them they are always good to me