Anyone been to DiscoveryCove?

harlequinnut

I just made reservations to DiscoveryCove in Florida for me, my wife and my 9 yr old daughter. I'm so excited, can't wait till august. Has anyone been there and what do you think of it? I would really like to hear your story! Thanks.:joy:

lovethesea

We loved it! My daughter loved it last year. My son didn't do the dophin swim last year. We wanted to go back this Aug. when we spend our vacation in the Clearwater area, but my son isn't quite strong enough swimmer yet. Will do it again next summer. If you have an underwater camera take it. If not, buy the underwater disposable FUGI at Walmart or some place like that. They took great pics. Its a great day, very relaxing. You go at your own pace. Food is great, but too much (IMO) for a day of sun fun and swimming.
You will througly enjoy it. Now I can't wait for NEXT summer.
:)

lovethesea

p.s. do you know anyone at Anheuser Busch? The employees get a small discount there (about $50 a ticket). I think its the equivilant of a Sea World or Busch Garden tix. We are heading to Sea World in Aug. Really enjoy that too. :yes:

azonic

Harlequinnut:
Me and my girlfriend were there last summer...It was simply amazing!
She did the dolphin swim, I didn't. The bird sanctuary is really cool. THe birds come and sit on your head, arms, anywhere and will eat from your hands.
The snorkel lagoon is amazing. Soooooo many fish....foot long angels, tangs, etc.
I have 3 rolls of film from when we went their. I could scan some of them for you if you were interested in seeing anything specific in the park.
Also, any specific questions, fire away!
Bottom line, you'll love it. We planned the whole trip around it.

saltysyd

:yes: If you have AAA you can get a discount by buying your tickets thru them, I think it's only like 10.00 off but it adds up. Have fun, I'm jealous.

harlequinnut

Originally posted by Azonic
Harlequinnut:
I have 3 rolls of film from when we went their. I could scan some of them for you if you were interested in seeing anything specific in the park.
Also, any specific questions, fire away!
Bottom line, you'll love it. We planned the whole trip around it.

Thanks, My email is andytsa@juno.com. Can you send me some pics of the major attractions like the dolphin swim, lagoon, or the tropical river, etc? What is the best time for the dolphin swim and why? :jumping: