Anyone Else Tired?????

angied

OK SO I GET UP IN THE MORNING THE FIRST THING I DO IS TURN ON MY FISH TANK LIGHTS WAIT A COUPLE OF MINUTS AND DO A HEAD COUNT....THEN I FEED MY KIDS...COME BACK ABOUT AN HOUR LATER TO ADD A MILLION DIFFERENT THINGS TO MY TANK IRON IDION CALCIUM AND SO ON AND SO ON....DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO SOMTHING THAT IS ONLY ONE BOTTLE THAT YOU HAVE TO ADD OR AM I JUST S.O.L.....YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD MAKE SOMTHING TO CUT DOWN ON ALL THE BOOTLES OF STUFF THAT IN ADDING IN...RECENTLY I GOT SOME PURPLE UP SO THAT CUT OUT THE CALCIUM BUT IM STILL ADDING THE OTHERS THEN HAVING TO REMEMBER EVERY FOUR DAYS TO ADD THE CORAL VIT AND ESSETIAL ELEMENTS..THEN THE SMORGIS BORD I PUT IN EVERY THREE DAYS.......SO RIGHT KNOW IM HAVING BURN OUT...AND WONDERING IF THERE IS ANYTHING OUT THERE THAT HAS A BUNCH OF THIS STUFF IN IT AND I WOULD ONLY BE OPENING UP ONE BOTTLE A DAY...AND HAS ANYONE EVER USED PURPLE UP AND DOES IT HAVE ANY EFECT IVE ONLY BEEN USEING IT ABOUT FOUR DAY KNOW AND OF COURSE NOT SEEING ANY DIFFERENCE.......

00nothing

okay first off go back and change the color and size of the font i think i just went blind lol
The question i started asking myself when i was adding all the crap to my tank was why ?? Because some big commercial company said it would turn my corals into monsters the size of redwoods, or because everyone else was doing it, or was it because my corals needed it.... This is where i put on the brakes did my corals really need it was my calcium low was i stripping away essential elements ? The answer was not quickly enuff for me to be dumping all this crap in my tank all the time i now add nothing to my tank other than top up water and everything else can get replaced at water change time. And for the love of god dont add things to your tank that you are not testing for (iodine)you could be poisoning your tank and have no clue you are doing it. If your tank does have calcium issues look at building or purchasing something to automate the process of cource a calcium reactor being the best option.
As far as the purple up I have never used it but even with my total neglect of my tank i still get lots of coralline growth, most say it is no good and wont do anything but i have seen a few say it works wonders give it a few wks and then u shall know

angied

thank you...im just going on what everyone like my brothers are telling my to do...ive hadmy tank going for over a year know and just stared adding all this crap sence i started getting soft corals so for about the past 3 months ive been doing this and i havent noticed anything dirrerent at all in my tank like with the calcium and its suppost to give me more algea growth...i had more before i was adding this stuff...so thank you.. ill take this into consideration.........and i wasnt even aware you could test your calcium levels...dumb me ....both of my brothers have saltwater tanks and actually ive had mine longer but they dove head first into it and got the metel hilide first thing as to where i had to save up the money and i bought the satellight system about 3 months ago and sence them ive gotten my soft corals and suposivly im know suppost to be adding all of this stuff and know im in brun out mode from it .....exspeculy when ive got four kids and you know how much work a saltwater tank takes....

unleashed

oh yes I can completly relate to this.as for the purple up it does not replace the calcium just thought id let you in on that part.as for coral food i use spectra vital coral food its a once a day dosing but i use it once a week( this stuff is not cheep but i have seen it do wonders in tanks) its campairable to DTs coral foods(the be best where i live) i still keep a cabenet full of other things such a phytomax, chromomax and zoemax.logal iodine solution,reef advantage(cal),ph buffer,coral vit,trace elements the list goes on and on but I dont dose every day.i dose something a couple times a week just grab what ever.top off daily,water change weekly test weekly.i went from 1 tank for 3 yrs to 8 tanks in the next yr and a 1/2 .feed 3 times daily i was down to 2 sw for a short time and 1 fw now im back up to 4 sw and 1 fw.3 teenagers hubby and a ton of pets lol..yep and when im not taking care of my pets fish hubby kids im here posting lol.reading researching anything to avoid them lol.yep i can totally relate(is it nap time yet?)