anyone else use these

teresaq

I love them they really give a nice flow around my tank. I really think these have helped keep my ph stable because they are breacking the surface of my water everyfew seconds.
Hydor FLO Rotating Deflector
* Deflector turns existing powerhead into a wavemaker
* Make waves inexpensively!
* Powered by output water pressure
This small, inexpensive deflector turns your existing powerhead into a wavemaker. Stimulates corals and mimics natural ocean conditions. Geared unit produces alternating current without added energy costs - it's powered by the output water pressure. Included adapters fit most outlets. 2-1/4" dia x 3".

my way

I've always wondered about these, do they direct the water in a circular pattern or side to side. It looks lika circular pattern to me.

xrayman

Tell us more does it really work.Maybe some more people will talk about there experience with it what size and brand powerhead they use and size of tank.

ohioguy06

I use them on all my returns along with my power heads and lemme tell ya corals are opening bigger i no longer have as many dead spots and fish love em!

ohioguy06

They actually make the water go in big circular motion that makes it go all ove the place.........the current is spread out all over so to say.

chadman

awsome they are not expensive either...and require no cords....i am going to have to get some!

ohioguy06

Originally Posted by chadman
do u take the current deflector which is on the powerhead off? or does it hook onto the end?
it should just pop off and then u slide a rubber/plastic fittin on to the return on the power head and wahhhhlaaaa u have wave maker!

teresaq

sorry my computer was acting up. yes they go in a circular motion. I have two in my 55 gal. I would not put them too close to the bottom. they moght stir up your sand. but the top of tank and midway they work great.

ohioguy06

Originally Posted by xrayman
I read some where that it decreases flow in tank is that true?
In my findings with it does decrease a little but not a noticeable amount.........it has actually taken where i had dead spots and i no longer have any.

teresaq

They sell them on several sites for between 12.99 and 9.99
Chad, yes that would be good. e-mail me i just say the maxi jets for like 18.00