Anyone ever been to the TN Aquarium?

muckworm

I was there over the weekend and I was pretty impressed for the most part.... The tropical fish tank is awesome.... wish I could get something like that at home!!!

rhomer

I've been there a few times. I was little disappointed at the saltwater display, but overall it's pretty cool.
I like the sturgeon tank.
Rob

muckworm

Ya, I was dissappointed because in most of the displays they use fake corals and live rocks... that would get expensive though trying to use the real thing on ALL of the tanks...

fishtails

i live in chattanooga,tn where the aquarium is located.I love the huge saltwater tank,but for the most part its basically freshwater.Its very nice though,altough they could have more sw tanks.Alex
P.S..-did you go to Captive Bred corals?

muckworm

I did see that coral display, it was very nice, actually used real live rock in it (I think).... I think that they probably have more gallons of saltwater there than freshwater though... once you get downstairs, a majority of the tanks are saltwater, like the tropical fish tank that is enormous when you first get into the saltwater section, and the shark tank, the lion fish tank, jawfish tank, giant crab tank, octopus tank, the 'ray tank, horseshoe crab tank........etc!