Anyone ever lost a fish, then found months later?

scotty37

A long while back, I added a longnose butterfly to my tank, and my neon goby freaked out and found a hole in a live rock and went inside. I did not see him for a couple months, assuming he had died by then. One day I get up in the middle of the night and there he is, he would only come out when the butterfly was asleep. After another month, he was used to it and was back on his normal cycle. Then I moved and had to move my tank, he went back in that rock and I have not seen him for several months again. Its not at my house so I cant inspect in the middle of the night. Is it same to assume he is gone, I have never found anything of him... no sightings, no body... nothing.

dina12

Not months - but about 4-5 weeks....my son has a yellow wrasse - aka - the jumper. He jumped one day and landed BEHIND the tank.....here is me crawling under the tank - over the sump - to find his fish....found him - covered in dust bunnies and dog hair....threw him in the sump and of course he played dead.....my son was so upset. I took him out of the sump and placed him in a bucket of tank water - within 5 seconds he was trying to jump out of that.
Put him back in the tank and he was gone.....didn't see him for 4-5 weeks. Then all of a sudden I see this yellow flash in the tank - it was him. He would come out for about an hour a day and just swim in circles.....now months later he is fine, happy, eating, growing and no longer tries to jump.

trippkid

Found my sixline wrasse living in my overflow tower, now back in the main tank. It must have lived in there for about 3 or 4 months, I thought it was certainly dead, then one day I was cleaning my drains in the overflow and there he was.
Matt

groupergenius

Not a fish, but an Atlantic Condi Anemone. He disappeared one day and I tore the tank apart looking for him. Moved all my rock and everything. About a month later, I went to clean the sponge in my W/D and there he was. At the bottom under the bio-balls. To this day I have no clue how he got all that way in 1 day. Especially as big as he was.

fishy7

I have a friend that found his perc 9 months later. It was trapped in the overlow box. One day he overfilled the tank and out came the perc, saw him swimming around the next day.

1journeyman

No, but I once found a Mantis Shrimp a month after I moved my tank... little jerk hid out until he knew I'd settled the tank back down and wouldn't go mining for him...

michaeltx

I lost a scissor goby for a year no Joke I thought it died long ago and when I sold my tank I had the LR sitting in a styro box and when I started putting the rocks in the other tank I found him swimming in the bottom of the box.
was still alive and well when I moved from Texas and slod the entire setup
Mike

rbrockm1

i lost one of my purple firefish and couldn't find it. i thought it had died in the tank in a whole, but about 2 later when me and my room mates were moving our living room around i found it behind our couch. not a fairtale ending for him.