Anyone familiar with Salinity Aqua Vitro brand of salt?

tirtza

Is anyone familiar with the salt mix 'Salinity Aqua Vitro' by Seachem? I've decided to switch to a new brand of salt mix and so I've just purchased 'Salinity Aqua Vitro' by Seachem. I was planning on mixing up some water this evening and was reading the mixing instructions. They seem to be pretty specific and even suggest that I mix the water/salt and that as soon as it's thoroughly mixed it's ready for immediate use. The instructions state that "excessive mixing" could result in "cloudiness caused by carbon dioxide absorption".
Normally, I mix the water at least 24 hours in advance. First I place 5 gallons of RO water in a tub, add a powerhead, heater, and thermometer. Than I add the appropriate amount of salt.
Using the new salt (Salinity Aqua Vitro) product, should I continue mixing the water 24 hours in advance or does that constitute "excessive mixing"?
Does anyone have any advice on using this product?
Thank you!!

snakeblitz33

Even Instant Ocean says that it has to potential to immediately use... but you should never do this.
From what I have heard about that product is that it's not really much of a difference from any other brand of reef salt. People have been having mixed results. Some people say that their soft corals perk up really well with it. It might just be because they did a water change and cleaned their tank... who knows the real reasons.
I'll be sticking with Seachem Reef or even a regular Instant Ocean salt mix for the money...
Mix 24 hours and use.
Excessive mixing... yeah,... that's what happens when you use it in your tank... it mixes and mixes and mixes... I don't really know what they mean to be honest.

bubblegurl

I just switched from using the salinity after a year. I found it left scum in my mixing container and my all never was above 6. I'm using reef crystals now and seeing much better coloration and fullness in my corals, plus no scum in the bottom of the can. When you add the salt, put your hand in the water, it mixes hot on its own. I may switch to reefers best once I'm done with my current bucket, see if I can get better results with my parameters.
Sorry, not much help!

deejeff442

i use it and love it.nothing compares as far as i am concerned.my corals blow up and grow like crazy.i have used just about every salt on the market over the last 30 years. i couldnt find the time to get a bucket so i have been using instant ocean the last 2 months and see the difference.

tirtza

Thanks for all of the advice! It was certainly the expensive salt I've ever used, then again it also came in a giant bucket. I haven't noticed a difference in my corals, but I just have a few Kenya Trees, Neon Green Candy Cane, and a bunch of mushrooms. I'll keep using the salt because now I have a gigantic bucket of it. I'd love it if my Candy Canes grew, they don't seem to multiply as fast as the Kenya trees and mushrooms. BubbleGirl, what was 'never above 6' ?

btldreef

I swear by it.
If you want your candycanes to grow quicker, try feeding them so mysis shrimp at night when their feeding tentacles are out. My candy canes blew up when I started feeding.
AquaVitro should give you better colors because it contains more potassium than most other salts available, which aids coral coloration. You should notice a big pop in purple and red colors, especially with SPS. The potassium does make the salt burn, so WEAR GLOVES.