Anyone get and F in high school?

triga22

I have a F in math and my teacher says we dont do extra credit in high school so its imposiable to bring up. I get most of the work its just that what he puts on the test seems different then whats on the homework... How am I going to bring this to my parents? They will kill me.. Will I still pass?

glowplug

Ask the teacher if there is any math tutoring availible after school, if so, go as often as possible then even if you suck he might pass you for putting out the extra effort----is it your only bad grade?

triga22

Yes my only bad grade. He only gives help no tutoring. And today is the last day of the marking period. Report cards come out next week on my b day.. =( Im so scared and mad!

my way

Well seeing as there is no studipidty forum, I would suggest you talk to your teacher and explain why you are'nt doing well on the tests. Be sincere about it, teachers have heard all the excuses in the world already and can see right through them. If you are doing well in all the other areas of this class and are not a smarta$$ in class. the teacher should be able to do something to help you out. If not, go see your Guidance Councelor (if they still have them, it's been a LONG time since I was in school) and explain your situation to him/her. Sometimes they can help.

triga22

Yes there is concelors still. Im just fed up with the fact that im going to die on my b day next week.

brucewrs

Sorry dude,but I can see why you got an F....Re-read your post and see all of the spelling and grammar mistakes....
Just messing with ya,LOL

arandacole

Originally Posted by brucewrs
Sorry dude,but I can see why you got an F....Re-read your post and see all of the spelling and grammar mistakes....
Yikes! How was that helpful?

triga22

lol its fine. Im not here for spelling ok.. N im doing fine in Lit . Its just math that i suck in... i spell you like u and like n and all that..

brucewrs

Got to have fun..LOL On a serious note ask the teacher for extra help.If that does not work seek assistance from a guidance counselor.Just move up the ranks..I cant see a teacher not helping if a student ask's for it.

G

g_d

Originally Posted by TriGa22
lol its fine. Im not here for spelling ok.. N im doing fine in Lit . Its just math that i suck in... i spell you like u and like n and all that..
Well they obviously haven't gotten to the part where the difference between "then" and "than" is discussed!!
I get most of the work its just that what he puts on the test seems different then
whats on the homework...

Sorry, it is a pet peeve of mine!!

fishy.....

Yeah that is great- about the six figure thing, but how many people out there that drop out of high school are actually able to do that. Most end up doing day lobor or working at McDonalds.
BE COOL STAY IN SCHOOL!!!!

and I am guessing that this post should be in the Aquarium Forum?

reefreak29

Originally Posted by Fishy.....
Yeah that is great- about the six figure thing, but how many people out there that drop out of high school are actually able to do that. Most end up doing day lobor or working at McDonalds.
BE COOL STAY ON SCHOOL!!!!

im just trying to say its not the end of the world, high school isnt very important

fishy.....

I am guessing that plenty of people will disagree with you that High School is not very important. Granted there are plenty of other things that are just as or more important. But heh.... To each their own.
I am under the impression that High School is a stepping stone for sucess later in life.
And I am not saying that getting an F in one class is going to determine how the rest of your life goes. I myself have had to take a couple of classes over due to this. Both in High School and College. Use it as an experience to learn from and move on. One fails so that they can learn from their mistake and triumph the next time around.
***)