anyone had any experience with rectangular triggers?

fugu

i have been debating what to add to my 65 gallon fish only tank. i have a red lionfish and a

[hr]
trigger. does anyone have any experience with rectangular triggers?

lionfish

LionFish says.....
Well, I'll tell ya that a tank that small won't be too good for 2 triggers and a lion. What kind of lion is it? Is it a Red Volitan or is it an Antennata? If it is either you will want a bigger tank. Yhose triggers get pretty big. It would work for a little while but after that you would have to get a bigger tank or get rid of one of the triggers. Rectangular triggers are rather docile compared to most but they still have their aggressive streak. Trigger are quite territorial and once they get larger they will fight for territory and could possibly kill eachother. Hope this helps.

bluto

As long as we're on the subject...what exactly is a "rectangular" trigger. I'm interested in getting a trigger after an upgrade to a 150g (I currently have a 90g) and have heard the Huma and Black Finned triggers are among the more docile species but I'm unfamiliar with the rectangular. What species?
Bluto

this is the way i would say about the meanest (1 being the meanst)
1.undulated
2.queen
3.clown
4.bursa
5.bluelined
6.Assasi
7. huma huma
8.niger
9.black trigger
10.Rectangular
11.Bluejaw
12. pinktail/whitetail
the Rectangular will stay rather small for a trigger but you must understand that every animal is different, so before you buy it watch the way it acts at your fish store, the one at mine is rather nice and living with a small grouper

fugu

thanks for the replys. everything helps as we are starved for info. out here, we have no lfs as such so we import directly from thailand etc. incidentally some of the prices that i am hearing about from the USA are exorbitant, i read about someone buying a clown trigger for a $160! we imported one from thailand (3") for about $12!anyways thanks to all for the replys.

clowntrigga

Most would diagree with me but i say u can get away with it for a while! I had 3 triggers in my 55 gallon for 1 year b4 i upgraded so if i got away with it u probably can 2!But u must buy them when they are real small! :D