Anyone have a purple or blue lobster??

I heard they're reef safe and they seem to be stunning creatures but I haven't seen anyone posting about them.
Does anyone have one and are they truly reef safe?? Any problems with others in your tank?

jim672

I considered one some time ago. Then I read in Fenner's book that they can be pretty disruptive in a reef tank. They get large, have very strong claws and like to move things around.
I decided against getting one. I figured I didn't need any help arranging my tank.;)
Jim

lateagain

I just got a blue spiny lobster today, so far he's pretty cool, right now he's cruising around on the live rock eating pods I assume. Bump this in a few days and I'll give a progress report.

mossad327

I have a purple lobster. He did do a little digging, but nothing very destructive, but I guess that all depends on where he decides to dig. The main problem I have heard with these guys is that you never see them. Luckily, my lobster decided to make his home a place that I could see, and he always stayed there. I did, however, just move my tank over the weekend. We'll see where he decides to make his new home and if I ever see him again.