Anyone having any luck finding 9mm rounds ANYWHERE?

All the sudden, 9mm rounds have become the hot ticket item in my neck of the woods (Ohio). I have gone to all my local spots, and not one of them has any 9mm rounds in stock. I can't even find any online, or if I do, they want $40+ for a box of 50 that cost between $16-22 less than six months ago.
Do you think this is a short term thing until production ramps up? I really don't get it. This is America, and in capitalist America, if there is a demand for something (in this case 9mm rounds) people usually step up to the plate to get it done. Why do you think this has been the exception to the rule? There is money to be made here people! Lots and lots of it...
I hope someone realizes that soon and starts manufacturing and shipping product!

2quills

Between the millions of new gun owners such as yourself, the plethora of old gun owners weary of what the government might do and the billions that are being spent by our federal government with the recent enourmous bids to buy up all the ammo has led to a shortage on ammo and parts the likes of which this country has never seen. Local law enforcement agencies are having problems getting their hands on any as well. Heck, 9mm dried up down here in December.
Looks like you're gonna have to ride it out for a while.

reefraff

Yep, hysteria combined with the pinch 0bama put the commercial reloaders in when he ordered spent military brass be sold for scrap instead selling it to reloaders. Even before the shootings that had been pushing prices up.
Prices should start dropping once it becomes obvious Congress isn't going to pass any bans. I can't even get reloading stuff right now.

darthtang aw

I have been able to find 9mm pretty reasonably here in New Mexico. I think the most I have paid for FMj is 25 for 50. But on average I have found it for 16. Used to be 10-12.
.357 Magnum on the other hand I haven't found much of. What I have found is expensive hollow points averaging 1.25 per bullet. Only got about 75 rounds of this myself.
But, when the ammunition comes in on the deliveries, it goes back out immediately. Sportsman and Walmart have been emptied shelved for months. They don't even stock the shelves anymore...lol.. The ammunition comes in, is placed in shopping carts and wheeled to the center of the store for customers to pick through immediately.
8mm, 270, and russian surplus ammo are all that can be found in just about any significant quanitity.
I expect things to return to "normal" in about 2.5 months. It took 3 months after the school shooting for guns in general to build back up and meet demand. Ammunition will take a bit longer...

2quills

Well if we start requiring background checks to buy it that should help keep it on the shelves at reasonable prices. :)

darthtang aw

Well if we start requiring background checks to buy it that should help keep it on the shelves at reasonable prices. :)
Or it will increase our taxes on ammunition to pay for the cost of all the ATF agents needed to field those calls.............

florida joe

Your best bet is to check out indoor ranges. They tend to have a higher cost to run then outdoor ranges thus to stay in business they need shooters so they seem to get first crack at supply’s due to the large orders they submit , you may have to shoot a certain amount of the ammo you buy there though

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida joe http:///t/395208/anyone-having-any-luck-finding-9mm-rounds-anywhere#post_3518245
Your best bet is to check out indoor ranges. They tend to have a higher cost to run then outdoor ranges thus to stay in business they need shooters so they seem to get first crack at supply’s due to the large orders they submit , you may have to shoot a certain amount of the ammo you buy there though
Yeah I was thinking that too. It's funny back in January I was thinking to myself how there was no way I was gonna pay the $23 per 50/rd price that the range was charging, because I would get it for $16 at the local sportsman shop. Now fast forward to April, and online that same 50/rd box is going for $40. I am gonna go over there and see if they still have that $23 ammo

2quills

Or it will increase our taxes on ammunition to pay for the cost of all the ATF agents needed to field those calls.............
As long as it keeps america safe I suppose (rolls eyes).

darthtang aw

Yeah I was thinking that too.  It's funny back in January I was thinking to myself how there was no way I was gonna pay the $23 per 50/rd price that the range was charging, because I would get it for $16 at the local sportsman shop.  Now fast forward to April, and online that same 50/rd box is going for $40.  I am gonna go over there and see if they still have that $23 ammo :))*:  
Gun shows as well. But you HAVE TO SHOW UP EARLY. The gun shows here run out a couple hours after the doors open. If you are just looking for rounds to shoot off, the reloads they sell are usually inexpensive and decent.

reefraff

Once they come up with a federal gun bill that passes of fails the ammo situation will begin to resolve itself.

deejeff442

i had training last night at my firestation. we have a woman cop there .she had gun training and she cant get any 9mm rounds to even train with now.pretty sad when law enforcement cant even get ammo

jay0705

I live in ny. The ammo situation is ridiculous!!!!! 22 long is almost impossible to find. Let alone the larger rounds. These politicians are screwing all the law abiding citizens while criminals have more ammo then us!!!!

darthtang aw

I live in ny. The ammo situation is ridiculous!!!!! 22 long is almost impossible to find. Let alone the larger rounds. These politicians are screwing all the law abiding citizens while criminals have more ammo then us!!!!
I don't know about you, But I doubt most criminals have more ammo than me.

reefraff

Certain stuff is still out there and reasonable. 45 colt, 45/70 etc. I am trading my AR for a limited edition handgun so I don't need no more 223
They want more than a buck a round for cheap 45ACP right now. I paid 17.00 for 20 rounds of the Zombie Max stuff 5 months ago which isn't anything special but isn't cheap either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay0705 http:///t/395208/anyone-having-any-luck-finding-9mm-rounds-anywhere#post_3518419
I dunno where they get their ammo, but if you know, pass on the info! I don't mind walking into a dark alley if the price is right! Plus I just got a nice Streamlight TLR-1 LED tactical light that I would love to try out!

darthtang aw

If i
I dunno where they get their ammo, but if you know, pass on the info! I don't mind walking into a dark alley if the price is right! Plus I just got a nice Streamlight TLR-1 LED tactical light that I would love to try out!
. If I could legally mail it I would just ship you some rounds. I know the feeling of having a new toy and not being to try it out. My .357 has yet to be fired. Hoping to change that this weekend.