Anyone in Oklahoma Trade talk

ty_05_f

Well I buy my water at the Reefshop in OKC, which is the best looking shop but they don't really take care of things that they should (word of caution be careful when purchasing livestock at the reefshop). I use to go to Crystal clear in Norman all the time but havn't gone in a long time. My favorite place is Aquarium fish and supply in Edmond. Her tanks arn't as nice and showy but the owner LeighAnne is wonderful she won't try and sell you crap you don't need unlike most of the other lfs.

tireddroop

I agree with you. The store in norman always trying to sell me stuff that i dont need. I think the best aquarium shop is Aquarium Concepts. The tanks are well kept, the owner is super nice and will answer any question you desire.
The reef shop is ok but the prices are way over priced.
I agree with you with the edmond shop that is my second favorite shot to go to.
what kind of fish do you have?

ty_05_f

No I don't like aquarium concepts much at all. Everytime I have been their the water is dirty the fish are packed together and the corals are sick looking.
I have a ocellaris clown, yellowtail damsel, coral beauty, and a flasher wrasse.

lkpatterson

I think the Norman store has the best prices, live rock. Service is always patient and friendly. Aquarium supply in Edmond is also good but not much to choose from. Aquarium concepts is always smelly and I havent had much luck with their corals. Josettes is a decent place to buy fish but its more expensive than the others, she holds on to her livestock if they aren't doing well, service is slow, it smells worse than aquarium concepts.

youngsalt

I have been to the reef shop and to Aquariums in edmond, Aquariums is my fav. for reasons stated above.
I live in Stillwater, I have a 2 month old 55G with 60lbs liverock (110 in 3 days :p)with a Bannerfish, a percula, colt coral, about 12 mushrooms, 7" of zoos, 2 sets of star polyps, pink/green and yellow.